A couple of questions................

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Cat-21, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cat-21

Cat-21 Registered Member

Hello all, a couple of questions:

1. Has anyone used Universal Restore successfully yet with TI 9.1 WS? I haven't been able to use this version on my 4 test machines and wondered how far anyone has gotten with this new feature.

2. Is there a timeframe for the next build release of TI 9.1 WS?

3. Has anyone found a reliable workaround for the "image corrupt" errors both I and other users have been seeing. I figure if there was a workaround for this error, it could at least let me and others test this product more thoroughly.

4. Have any users found better reliability using TI 9.1 WS when integrated into the BartPE CD? Maybe being in a WinPE environment will make for better compatibility with USB, etc. as compared to TI's native Linux Bootable media?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Cat-21,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe the issue in more details?

- Let us know what you mean exactly when saying that you have not been able to use Universal Restore on your test machines;

- What operating system do you use?

- What build number of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation do you use?

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

- Did you receive any error messages? What exact messages? When exactly did you receive them?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

The next build of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation is expected to be released in a few weeks, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

Could you please provide us with the more detailed information on the issue?

- Let us know if Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation creates corrupt backups both when it is running from under Windows and when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD;

- Where do you store your images?

- Perform a memory test using the memtest86+ utility and inform us about the result;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please be aware that some modern USB controllers\hard drives are not supported yet or supprted poorly (e.g. work on a lower speeds) in Linux based Acronis Rescue Environment, i.e. when using Bootable Rescue CD or Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. I'm afraid that there is no way to load the respective drivers in Acronis Rescue Environment on your own. However, this kind of problems is usually easy to solve. If you encounter a problem with some USB hard drive being not recognized or working slowly in Acronis Rescue Environment then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

Please keep your external USB hard drive connected while creating Acronis Report and Linux system information.

- Let us know the exact vendors and models of both your motherboard\USB controller and USB hard drive;

- Describe the issue in detail;

In this way you will ensure that this problem is known by Acronis and the support for your particular hard drive\controller will be implemented\improved in the future builds of a particular product.

When using Bart PE your computer is booted into a Windows-like environment which allows you to boot the proper drivers for your particular USB device. Therefore there should not be any problems using any USB hard drive in this environment.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. Cat-21

Cat-21 Registered Member

Hello Alexey, I'm sorry that you misunderstood. My question was has anyone else, meaning users, used the Universal Restore feature. I was curious as I would like to hear about that person's trials and tribulations with that feature.

~Removed off topic comments - Ron~

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2006
  4. Cat-21

Cat-21 Registered Member

I'll keep it short, thanks for trying to help Alexey, take care. The CAT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.