A cleaner for Mozilla?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by notageek, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Anyone know of a clache and cookie cleaner for Mozilla? I tried the built in cache cleaner and it made Mozilla freeze up.

2. sakharg

sakharg Registered Member

Notageek,

I can only speak for the one I use, Tracks Eraser Pro, which does an excellent job for not only Mozilla, but Win XP in general. It also has several plugins for popular applications.

Just double check in options that it points to the proper cache directory for Mozilla: C:\Documents and Settings\(User)\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\bh2knhcq.slt

Actually, any erasing program that has Mozilla support, or a plugin for it should be able to do the job as long as it points to the proper cache location. I honestly don't know if some programs clean better than others.

3. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

I use Window Washer (Webroot). Set up a 'custom wash' to clear out the Cache folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERXXX\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\Default User\RANDOM.slt\Cache

You may want to find out why Mozilla's built in cache cleaner is freezing. Perhaps you might consider reinstalling Mozilla. I just moved from Mozilla 1.4 to 1.5 and it was painless - nearly every setting was retained.

4. JayK

JayK Poster

Yes exactly. You can choose any "eraser" type program you prefer.

Unlike a certain other browser I don't want to mention here, which makes determined efforts to hide itself, and protected itself from deletion.

5. notageek

Thanks everyone that replied. I used Windows Washer when with windows 98 and IE and I was impressed with the program when I found out ther was others that did the same with IE and Windows that was free. But with Mozilla I'm not sure what programs work with it or now. I'll look into Track Eraser pro.

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi,

Another possibility might be NSClean from PSC:
    http://www.nsclean.com/nsclean.html

See the following thread in the PSC-forum at Mickey's board:
    http://www.mickeytheman.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=305

Quote from Nancy at Jun 17 2003:
    Yes, we've tested it (NSClean 6.10, that is). It does work with Mozilla too. Just wanted to get the word out on this, as Mozilla is beginning to catch on. We will have an improved version out relatively soon as well, it's the next project after the next BOClean version, which is well in the works.
    ---end quote---

Well, that is a little bit old posting (that new version of BOClean (4.11) is already published).
    I don't know if and when a new version of NSClean is coming.
    (I have no experience with NSClean, but I do use its sister IEClean for IE, and I love it).

7. notageek

Thanks FanJ. I wonder is netscape cleaning programs will clean Mozilla.

8. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Notageek,

Well, Nancy wrote that they have tested NSClean with Mozilla :)
    But of course I don't know what those improvements will be about which she wrote. I guess we have to be patient ;)

Cheers, Jan.

9. notageek

Oh I was talking about any NetScape cleaning program.

10. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Sorry, I misunderstood you ;)
    Oops, I'm afraid I don't know..... :oops:

11. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Hi Notageek.

SuperCleaner has a"Mozilla" tab for cleaning Mozilla's cache.

The question about a Netscape cleaning program possibly working for Mozilla cache cleaning is interesting.
    With SuperCleaner, I have to manually locate the cache using "Netscape 6" tab for Firebird cache cleaning.
    Beonex is located by using the "Netscape 7" tab.
    Beonex is closely related to Mozilla so,maybe there are other programs that will work using a Netscape tab.

12. notageek

Thanks Tester. I try them on my other box to see if any program that works with NetScape will with Mozilla. I'll keep everyone posted on the programs I try and if they work.

13. Daniel SR

Daniel SR Registered Member

Try Steganos Internet TraceDestructor.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.