a-2 must be a dead project following ants?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Pretender, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

Should would be nice to hear the words from Andreas :oops:

2. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

good question?? and just for the heck of it.
    how do you do the a squared thing on the keyboard??

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

W²h²a²t t²h²i²n²g ?

:D

Hold down the Alt key and type in successon the digits 0 1 7 8 and then let the Alt key up. You'll get this: ²

4. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

You can also use the character map and copy the text :)

Didnt a user from this forum (xam) say that he received a copy of a²?
    Hmm I dont know what is going on with the project either, but if anyone deserves a copy, it is Pretender for his determination! ;)

5. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

The word "Gladiator" keeps popping up in my head :eek:

6. notageek

notageek Registered Member

LOL.... I gave up on looking for this program a few months back.

7. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:doubt: yeah way harsh

makes me never want to beta test stuff algain in less it frop pepi or javah

8. Andreas Haak

Andreas Haak Guest

Sorry, was a little bit busy.

9. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

well good to see you Andreas!!
    Hope things are going well.....
    can't wait to see the thing in operation ;) ;)

10. Guest_

Guest_ Guest

Blah blah blah... Seltsam, you're getting really boring. Release a2 or don't - I don't care - but stop talking **** about you were "a little busy" (for the last few month, eh?) We already know this attitude very well since Gladiator. I don't believe that even the free version of a2 is finished, otherwise you would have released it since ages.

11. someone

someone Guest

even his server-breakdown was a fake... the server had still been running, only the httpd-daemon was shut down. he's always just promising stuff he can't get ready and then invents excuses for the delays... for years...

12. Hate to say this but I'm beginning to agree with these anonymous posters... LOL.. I'm not anonymous..! :rolleyes:

Too bad, I was even willing to pay for it.. It sounded too good to be true...
    No offense Andreas, but I've been following your posts for years... ;)

Nothing really lost, except wasting a lot of time reading and typing about a software proggie that doesn't exist... Probably won't... The excuse is now... "I work for ESET"...LOL... :D

Gladiator stuck us good once with the "promises he can't keep..." :'(

This seems to be a repeat.. I was willing to give it a chance.... Free or not.. LOL.... :p

But, you're right Mr. Blaze... Kolla and Javacool have proved and gone beyond the call of duty.. they proved their merit.. in less time and with real results.. :D I'm proud to say I've donated in the past and may donate again... ;)

Oh, Well..... :mad:

13. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

although i hate anonymous posters complaining... are you chicken or whato_O wimps!! i got to agree on this here,,,, :mad: has someone (besides andreas of course) a copy of this progo_O

something reeks of putrefaction....( classic album by carcass... if anyones interested in music....)

14. xor

xor Guest

Oh yeah ?
    I did even make a post about AV Licences for all Contributors in the Gladiator Forum.
    This posting was erased from a administrator before someone could even reply to this.
    So stop this bullshit Straight Shooter to use every chance to repeat your sentence all over the time.
    And just to bring things straight: This was NOT a licence for the FREEAV. These licences had a worth of around $3000 for all contributors. I did organize this licences to keep my promise after the deal with TH did not happen. I heard from the GAV Team "nobody needs these licences" - oh well.
    And now its really over - i am not a punching ball or something. Life with this. Accept it or don't - i don't care anymore after all this.

Regards, Michael

15. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Gladiator got a job that pays him a salary. Now he can do stuff like eat, pay a mortgage, and so forth -- like you do, SS, I suppose.

I also donated to Gladiator. I would do it again. I contributed to the further development of a superb security programmer who is STILL working to produce protection for you & me.

grace & peace to you........bellgamin

16. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Shouldn't we all at least be happy for these guys they got recognition for their talents and got a job?
    So they can use all of their talents into software development and not being teared apart with all the other business which comes with marketing a products, administrations, taxes, the whole lot of running a business even if it goes about a freeware product?
    As we all must eat and pay our house and taxes, for those with freeware won't have all time at their hands just for developing.
    I'm sure we'll see those guys' products somewhere back, their talent is not lost for the security world, we know in which environment they are blooming and growing further for all of us.
    That GAV source is still in his hands might give some idea there might ever in future once he's settled and he is able to pick up the project for the circumstances the world has come to by then to see if there would be any further development on it or just let it be.
    Something the same to be expected with a².
    Give the guys time to organise their life and we'll see it somehow somewhere further.
    Javacool is doing his work and builds on, but we are speaking about quite different tools which are amazing and remarkable and famous and very good, but i think it's very different from building a complete AV or AT product, especially with all the specific features Michael and Andreas included in them to make them very different and revolutionair from all existing scanners by now. Free or shareware is not the point, just trying to be on top. And to be on top one needs some kicks to get and keep there and most of all support in many ways.
    I hope they'll be able to get all the further education they need (we all need, each day, some more specific in their fields of occupation) and we'll see the products.
    Just keep us informed. We wait, at least most of us.

17. Tealeaves

Tealeaves Guest

Why SS you are always making a fight for something? Are you lonely for some attention?

It is hard for a one-man company to program, run a web site, make the updates, &c, FREE. Most fail, because we all need money to spend, and it is not much money coming from free software.

To PepiMK and Javacool, my compliments. You guys still give us your work free, but can you work free for ever?

Michael and Andreas have learn how hard it is to be one man company, and they accept now paying jobs with larger company. Why not? Must they eat air for all their lifes? My compliments to you guys too, for your past and future work. It is not a crime to want to make your lifes better.

SS, so you contributed a few dollars to help, do you think it is a waste?

From bellgamin comes "I contributed to the further development of a superb security programmer who is STILL working to produce protection for you & me." This is the correct attitude.

Please SS, try to see beyond your own horizon. Michael and Andreas did not vacation in Paris with your contribution. They did not retire with a fat Swiss bank account. They still work, but now for real money, not for the hope that some people might show they appreciate with a small contribution.

They are young guys, just starting in life. Please control your anger, and join me to wish Good Luck to both.

18. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

tealeaves I dont think that really when it comes down to it anyone begrudges Andreas scoring a job with the Noddies at eset . What i find sad is that he has not found it in his heart to explain to those who have supported him with there best wishes for the a² project and have believed his words. There are always changes in life and I think any normal person can accept that . What most will not accept ( and youth is no excuse for rudeness) is to not be caring enough to explain to those who have had faith in the guy after he gave good reason for them to do so . That takes only a few minutes on the internet to post a decent explanation. So as much as I wish Andreas sincerely the very best , and also know that he has indeed much to offer to the internet security world, I do not think you should at this stage compare Javacool or Patrick kolla in the same boat , as they have successfully brought into the internet community great security programmes that are free or donation and they are still doing so and continuing to update them .
    If one were not so generous one could easily be found thinking that using the concept and setting it up to (almost ) fruition, then marketing the project to anti virus companies such as Kaspersky or Nod etc is a good move in order to get there attention and to gain a good job with good prospects and more pay, At the expense or use of the ones who have believed in his project . But as Andreas says he is not limited by eset with a². So like many who are still vaguely interested , it will be nice for the fella to be able to say more than 5 or 6 words to those who may have believed in his a² site and were members .

19. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

you took the words from my mouth

i donated and expected nothing in return.. i did it to support the development, and i can say that i got my money's worth..
    and i can still enjoy the benefits of it, although in a different form...

20. Michael, your post doesn't make any sense...

I really don't care, but even you can't deny that there are or were a angry folks out there because of this...

I already own TH.... an extra license would've been nice, but I can live without it..

No BullShit man, sorry I got you upset, but I'm not the one who feels like a guinea pig for your research...

Those kinds of comments were brought on to me by others... Now I'm hearing them all over again for Andreas...

Shoot the Messenger.... At least I'm not "anonymous" LOL..

But I promise I won't bring it up again... I really don't care too... anymore...

21. I'm gonna try NOT to waste my time with anonymous posters as much anymore...LOL...
    Lonely for Attention? LOL...

Agreed, but I also think they fail because they CAN'T DELIVER on their "Wonder" software... All it is is "Blah, Blah, Blah,".. Your competition stinks, Our software is better, and then... in the end... No software... and a lot of beta users...LOL...

I'll be first in line to actually buy their products if they turn into payware, shareware...
    Great software, great support, they underpromise and overdeliver!

Maybe they both would've had great software and a HUGE following if they spent more time creating software that actually works (fully) and not so much time posting here and at DSL Reports, getting into arguments with other software developers and sometimes just aggravating flame wars themselves...LOL

YUP!

For you, maybe, notme.. If I feel that way, I should donate some money to my local college or university..LOL...

You know as well as I do that PepiMek and Java have superior products that will find an instant market if they go mainstream... Spybot is always mentioned on TechTV!

I'm not angry... I do wish them good luck... I'm just not going to buy into every thing they say from now on..Is THAT okay with you?

22. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

I am not going to trash this thread but I certainly know just where Andreas is at on his development of a squared and YAW4 and he is not in the least intimadated by posts and threads like this..

Also the Gladiator Security Forum is not going to host a thread for Michael wherein he states he is now ready to make make up for any past promises he could not keep or has made with offering any product and asking a group of people to then post their names or nicknames of they are INTERESTED. Been there done that...and in that post he made... no where did he define exactly what he had to offer.

Long threads and having each post to him is a joke at best. I will not go into anymore details.

Whatever he feels he must do to gain back respects is admirable. He has access to other forums where he could do this.

Be Well,
    John

23. sig

sig Registered Member

24. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

REMOVED: Re:a-2 must be a dead project following ants?

Removed for Admin review.

Not allowed IMO. Read our TOS at your earliest convenience.
    Final decision is with the Admin team.

Pieter

25. Guest_

Guest_ Guest

Sorry but it looks like if "don't tell the truth" is part of the TOS :rolleyes: Please review it and compare it with the facts...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.