828026 -WMP (script criticle update) - Update page says that it is not installed

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HandsOff, Feb 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

....so i install it again, and again update says it is not installed however:

- it is listed in my installation history

- it is listed in my add and remove programs hotfix list.

I am guessing maybe this is because i checked options to remove the identifying information with xp-antispy and Spybots S&D...only...i never saw this happen before. The only really new thing i can think of is Microsofts latest couple of security updates released this month.

I am guessing the update is installed. Who knows?

-HandsOff

2. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

Re:828026 -WMP (script criticle update) - Update page says that it is not instal

Maybe download the free Belarc Advisor and see what it says?

http://www.belarc.com/

3. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Re:828026 -WMP (script criticle update) - Update page says that it is not instal

I did as you suggested and downloaded the Belarc Advisor.

It said that the update was installed and confirmed (green check) which leads me to wonder why microsofts site could not do the same. I am aware of their recent changes to their security scan and will say that they constitute a moderate improvement. That is, unless they have decided to make people with certain privacy settings pay by returning a false security status update to them.

However, Pretender, I found your advice very useful, and learned quite a bit from it.

For all you do, this Karma Cookie is for you!

-HandsOff

4. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

I have found the windows update installation history wrong on numerous occassions so I won't rely on it. The cookie was good...Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.