5.0.94.0: New install password not saved

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Forellenblau, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forellenblau

Forellenblau Registered Member

Yesterday i installed 5.0.94.0 after uninstalling 5.0.93.0.

At the screen where you can type username and password the password is not saved - the update of the signature database then fails. You have to go to advanced setup and type the password manually. Then it works.

2. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hello,

On the "Product Activation" window, if you select 'Activate using a Username and Password' and enter an invalid U/P and click 'Activate', you'll get an 'Activation failed' error. Is this what happened to you?

Even if you enter an invalid U/P, if you go to Advanced Setup, the data is saved there. Do you mean the U/P fields were blank for you?

I haven't been able to reproduce your issue.

3. Forellenblau

Forellenblau Registered Member

Hi!

On the Product Activation page i enterd username and password correctly (copy & paste). After confirming the dialog (OK button i think) the virus signature update runs - and fails: username or password are not correct.

When i then go the advanced dialog (with F5) the password field is blank, the username is correctly shown. So i have to enter the password phrase again.

That is what's happening (i had it twice).

4. piranha

piranha Registered Member

frequent error, copying ID and PW but with a space before/after them. When it dont work, it is better to type them instead of copy/paste

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.