4.2.35.0 Blocks XP Workgroup sharing

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by patch, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patch

patch Registered Member

Installed 4.2.35.0 on 2 XP profesional machines. Both then loose ability to access and share, shared files. Revert to 4.0.474 fixed the problem.

Did do an install over 4.0.474 as I don't like entering all the firewall rules again. Will Try clean install, but it is a bug anyhow.
  2. stackz

stackz Registered Member

You may need to create a new non-specific application rule to allow Netbios in/out for the Trusted Zone.

Refer to my post in this thread for details.
  3. patch

patch Registered Member

Did a clean install, appeared to work slightly better but still no where near properly.

That is interesting. Sound similar to the problem I'm having. I had assumed ESET would want to fix something like that prior to moving 4.2 from beta to release, but perhaps I'm wrong.

The solution there
    1) add a non-specific application rule - Allow, Direction Both, UDP, Remote: Trusted Zone ports 137 -139, Local: ports 137-139
    0r 2) create a rule on both the PCs using 4.22 that allows TCP & UDP in the Trusted Zone for all ports

Given that level of stability I think it wise to keep 4.2 off systems I want some confidence they will work for a while longer :doubt:
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.