4.0.467 errors with Servers

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by SalC, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SalC

SalC Registered Member

I'm getting "SidebySide" errors in my system event log on a 2003.

For example:

"Syntax error in manifest or policy file ""C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC.MANIFEST"" on line 5."

Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested

I rolled back to 4.0.437 to be safe....

2. trencan

trencan Eset Staff

These side by side erros should make no troubles. Root cause is that new builds are compiled with new version of CRT and MFC libraries from MS, 4053. And new mfc80.dll requests MFCLOC of old version in embedded manifest. But in install directory there is new MFCLOC, so there is a version mismatch.

3. Forellenblau

Forellenblau Registered Member

Other programs causes this side by side errors, too, e.g. Adobe Creative Suite CS3 under Vista x64.

I had no problems with this error so far.

4. nodR

nodR Registered Member

Prior to installing anti-virus v. 4.0.467, check that the installed Microsoft Visual C + + 2005 Redistributable Package. It contains a file mfc80u.dll. If you have installed as well as the look of this version of the file. There should be no lower than 8.0.50727.4053.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.