360 Total Security - English

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ifacedown, Apr 23, 2014.

1. GakunGak

GakunGak Registered Member

Not every update that exists for your OS applies to you. Hence, smart ignore.
    In fact, it is not recommended to install EVERY update that exists, as it can degrade performance and/or cause instability.

They have chinese services and online advertisements currently not available to international users.
    Their products are not payware/trialware/moneyware, but additional services and ads do help them.
    http://360safe.com/about.html

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I've just installed the updated 360 TS v6.0.0.6002 for Windows 10. I'm still not impressed with the Speedup function, and prefer 360 Internet Security as an antivirus. But, the Cleanup module is impressive with support for cleaning junk from over 600 programs. Also it found about 10GB to be removed in the windows.old folder, leftover from upgrading to a more recent build of Windows. Windows disk cleanup can also remove this, but most cleanup software doesn't find it.

I'm going to keep it installed for the cleanup module and for occasional on demand virus scans.

3. GakunGak

@roger_m: What is it that you'd like to see improved in the Speedup function?

4. roger_m

It detects way too many startup items and scheduled tasks to be disabled. In my case, there are 25 items it wants to disable, that I want to keep. There is appears to be no ignore list to stop them from being detected on further scans. Even if there was, I would prefer it to be less agressive. Baidu's PC Faster disables startup items too, but it is rare for me to want to keep anything it wants to disable.

5. GakunGak

In order to balance between keep more - disable more folks, would it be OK if an ignore list existed for startup items?

6. roger_m

That would be a very good start. But, it's not enough in my opnion. I would never install TS on a customer's computer due to the aggressive nature of removing startup items. But, I have installed PC Faster on a number of computers, as I know it won't remove anything a customer would want to remain loaded at startup.

7. roger_m

But, once again I must say I'm very impressed with the Cleanup module, and the amount of junk it cleans. A good example of this, is that after doing some driver updates with DriverEasy, a scan with TS found 55.6MB in of DriverEasy's cache files which could be cleaned. This is something other cleaning software would miss, as it's not located in the usual temp folders. Other cleaning software focuses more on cleaning usage traces than trying to find more locations of junk files to clean.

8. PC_Pete

PC_Pete Registered Member

Interesting. I hadn't realized that 'patch up' was OS ignorant. Apart from this Vista laptop, I've had 360TS only on XP PCs and on them, every listed patch has been applied. Maybe it works better on XP?

9. GakunGak

Some WU software could/would force every update there is for that OS version. Q360 works by identifying what OS you have, architecture, apllied updates so far, critical and recommended. From time to time you'd receive Mozilla/Java/Flash updates that are critical for fixing vuln holes.
    Relax. It works as intended.

Not everything you consider critical for startup is actually necessary for other people.
    By turning off major resource hogs during startup, you save nerves, hdd durability and eventual system hang.
    I will talk to people, let you know what I can do.

10. GakunGak

11. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Nice to hear that, thanks!

:thumb:

12. Solarlynx

What other smart WU software you can recommend? (in case I won't use 360TS) I don't want to install unnecessary updates.

Then is it a good idea to check "Turn off Windows Update" if I use "360 Patch Up"?

Thank you.

13. GakunGak

I use BOTH MS WU and 360 Patch Up. Why? They are the safest solutions to use. Q360 actually works activelly with MS and reports vuln holes to patch and are MS security partner.
    MS WU is, well, from Microsoft for Windows, so.... They know best how to deliver updates.
    Having both on will ensure you have the fastest and latest fixes [whichever prompts first from these two].
    https://technet.microsoft.com/zh-cn/library/security/dn903755.aspx
    http://www.360.cn/tks.html
    [Safety News] 68 times by Microsoft Acknowledgements 360 "fill holes" global leader in technology
    GMT February 11, Microsoft released a patch routine February security bulletin, fixes Windows, IE, Office and other systems and software 56 vulnerabilities. 360 this month, security vendor from China again to help Microsoft find and fix five critical vulnerabilities, so access to Microsoft's official website security bulletin thanks. Since 2009, the 360 has accumulated 68 times by the Microsoft Security Bulletin Thanks, ranked first in the global security software vendors.

Microsoft's official website vulnerability Acknowledgements: https://technet.microsoft.com/zh-cn/library/security/dn903755.aspx
    http://bbs.360safe.com/forum.php?mod=attachment&aid=Mjc2Nzc3OXw1ZTkxYjUwOXwxNDI0MzI4NTUwfDB8NTM5NTU0Ng%3D%3D&noupdate=yes
    2009 has been a total of 68 360 times by the Microsoft Security Bulletin Acknowledgements

By convention, Microsoft also will release a patch on each announcement date will open for vulnerability discovery and remediation to contribute to organizations or individuals to thank, has the world's big four "white hat Legion," said HP's ZDI platform, Google, 360 and Palo Alto Networks Thanks month standings together "refresh." Which, ZDI vulnerability platform this month, Microsoft reported 19 vulnerabilities, Google reported vulnerabilities 10, 360 reported vulnerabilities 5, the US security company Palo Alto Networks found three vulnerabilities, four bodies found in Microsoft vulnerabilities accounted for two-thirds of the amount. In addition, another Chinese security companies NSFOCUS also this month, Microsoft reported two vulnerabilities, internationally renowned security software maker Symantec and Trend Micro were reports of a vulnerability.

For security vendors, quickly detect and respond to vulnerabilities is an essential foundation to enhance the protection capability, but also an important manifestation of security vendor security capabilities, such as Google's Project Zero is the Google's top hackers inside composition, whose only mission is to discover, tracking and repair some of the global software security vulnerabilities.Last month, Google and Microsoft about the vulnerability disclosure deadline has been fierce controversy broke out, the fundamental reason lies in the excavation and restoration of vulnerabilities in network attack has occupied a crucial position.
    And Google's Project Zero, as as the largest Internet security companies, 360 have set up a special high level of vulnerability research lab, bringing together a number of the country's top white hat hacker elite. Just five years, the 360 has become the world reported the largest number of vulnerabilities in Microsoft's security software company, far more than some veteran Thanks antivirus giants such as Symantec, McAfee and Kaspersky, the world's leading manufacturers.

14. Solarlynx

Thank you. So it's a good idea to use both 360TS and MS WU.

15. GakunGak

I predict absolutely no problems in that scenario.

16. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

I see the chrome extension includes a shopping tool. Do I need the extension to get protection from malicious sites?

17. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

Have had to uninstall as it stopped a Paragon backup script. I have used 360 before and it has never done that. In fact, the last time I uninstalled it was a month ago when I had an issue with my internet connection. Until then I had been using it for about a year. I'm now using BD free.

18. GakunGak

I have no experience with Paragon, I used Acronis. If the script was something like a bat file, then it was in quarantine. Click 'n' restore would fix it, simple.
    If it was a startup process/service, a simple switch from off to on would bring it back in speedup>manual.
    It is recommended to install the extension unless you use 360 Extreme Explorer chrome.360.cn

19. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

I upgraded to Paragon 2014 and it is working fine now. Thanks.

20. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

Executables and documents is the default monitoring. Would it be better to check 'All files'?

21. GakunGak

Awesome.
    Sure it would be better, but expect slight performance degradation. Personally, I don't use "All Files", and so far, so good.

22. anon

anon Registered Member

23. GakunGak

Someone asked me a while ago about trust/ignore list for checkup/speedup, it is strongly considered and might make it in future builds soon.
    Just to get that task off my list :)

24. Malware fighter

Malware fighter Registered Member

beyond imagination - why still it doesn't update to newest program version itself ? Yesterday I had manually update it downloading instalation package, since update option was showing I HAVE NEWEST VERSION, WHILE IT WAS NOT. WTF....

25. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Registered Member

Another update today

v6.0.0.1152 Mar 4, 2015
    1. Enhanced: Product stability

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.