Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by NJ917, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJ917

NJ917 Registered Member

Is there any easy way to push this build out via RA? We have a bunch of computers (300+) still using .621, and would like to get them all on the updated build. I know I can manually add each IP address and push the package out that way, but I think there has to be a way to automatically do it. If everytime theres a new build I have to manually add close to 1000 IP addresses I'll go insane.

2. dwood

dwood Registered Member

I too would like to know if there is a way to do this. As so far I have had to add each PC manually and push the package out.

Dan

3. techie007

techie007 Registered Member

It'd be nice if the clients PULLED the update on demand eh? Especially for clients outside of the local network. If you agree, help us all out and hassle your ESET rep and support people to add the feature, I know a few of us have already been on them. :)

Anyhow, back to your question - if you can push to the computers, you can add everything in one domain by dragging the domain root object to the "Remote Installation" list instead of each computer.

See attached JPG.

Attached Files:

4. mkuntic

mkuntic Registered Member

Why use that? Just use Group Policy to deploy/upgrade/manage it. Thank God for MSI.
    The only thing the classic Push-installation system is still good for is non-domain environments, and for checking for machines which for some reason don't have NOD installed. But usually if you buy the Enterprise version, you already have Active Directory set up.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.