25 years of ESET, its technology and passion for security

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by Marcos, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We'd like to share this brand new video about ESET with you all who have been with us for years, providing us with valuable feedback and thus helping improve the products:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Pjf_22sDE

2. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

with NOD32 since version 2.7 :thumb:
    I still miss that version.

3. er34

er34 Guest

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Version 2 , 2.5 and 2.7 were real leader. I still don't know better AV software. Too bad version 2 is dead now

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Although v2 was a bit lighter in terms of scanning, it had an older engine which couldn't keep pace with the development of threats and had limitations which were first removed in v3. That said, even in the era of v3, the detection capabilities of v2 were worse compared to v3 and the gap was getting bigger and bigger over time.
    As I mentioned, feedback from you, our users, is very valuable and we consider your suggestions for implementation in future versions. If you have interesting ideas, feel free to post them in this thread.

5. er34

er34 Guest

Thank you, Marcos. I appreciate your explanation. I know that. I and many others t jusmiss those years - they and NOD32 were all very good. Although you are right about the new engine in version 3 and higher, I still wish you could have kept that version 2 program simplicity, that nice old user interface of v2, naming of AMON, IMON, DMON, EMON, XMON, that eye, that NOD32 logo, but ESET as a company changed to ESET branding which changed things a lot.

6. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

...yeah

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  7. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

Ahh yes. I remember back in the old days of ESET. Back before there was running water and electricity. Back then we used to walk to school 5 miles, uphill in knee deep snow while barefoot, and we liked it! The laptop I carried back then was a IBM 5155. Ahh the good old days. :D

Congrats Eset. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.