2015 Consumer Security Products Performance Benchmarks - PassMark Software

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by malexous, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

This isn't really "new" for Symantec tbh.....

2. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Just a couple of note:

Respecting Norton Security's Fast Boot Time: The Default Setting for Boot Time Protection Is: OFF

"
    Symantec Corporation funded the production of this report, selected the test metrics and list of products to include in this report , and supplied some of the test scripts used for the tests

I am not troubled by Symantec's having paid for the test. For me, Symantec's having supplied some of the test scripts used in the test, totally destroys the credibility of the test.

While I use another Security Suites from time to time, I am currently using NS 2015, mainly because it does not seem to slow down my PC or broswing, it causes no issues with any other progam on my PC, and I have a lot of confidence in it's blocking abilities particularly against zero-day attacks (except for pups). From everything I have read and seen, it is excellent at removing malware from memory, but is somewhat weak at removing VBS Scripts. While these scripts may not damage your system. they can take up a lot of CPU power if you are not aware of their presence.and can only be removed manually. I know my machine is clean so I am not mush concerned about NS's scanning ability. Overall I am happy with NS 2015.

It is often available for $49 or less and the fact that is good for 5 devices makes the price not all that bad.

3. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

If that's test is sponsored then I would not trust it completely. You would always see sponsor company in top.

Pls dont tell me company has no say in test ans result. I review a lot and deals with lot of sponsorship and PR and I know how business works.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.