2011-Q2 AV-TEST Product Review and Certification Report

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by NobleT, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

Not exactly true, as Hungry Man pointed out, because of the Sandbox. If you have the restrictions set high enough (at least on "Limited") you should still not be infected, even if you click "allow" when you should "deny."

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Not that my "tests" are official (I only ever posted them once and was bashed lol) but there's a significant change between Partially Limited and Limited with the same malware and what's left over, though I've never been successfully infected while testing Comodo.

edit: I also think it's important to note that besides the HIPS module there's also the AV, Firewall, and Sandbox modules. Sandboxing java or other programs will protect you from a lot of exploits. The AV (though I do not run it) will also protect you from known malware. Both of those have very little user interaction, they're almost completely handled by the program.

3. guest

guest Guest

That is totally wrong, you still have the sandbox, the av, the cloud av, the cloud BB, so clicking in the wrong alert on D+ does not mean anything.

By the way is very rare to see a D+ alert since the unknown files goes to the sandbox, and the D+ alert on this cases are quite clear.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
  4. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Exactly. Comodo's defenses do not stop at "Do you want to run this?" Not at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.