2007 Internet Suite Comparison-Mine

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiverLights

RiverLights Registered Member

lol. What's more both PC Cillin and NIS 2007 have given me alerts.....false positives (I hope) that somehow even simple emails from yahoo were trying to lift my credit card and social security number.

FWIW I have tried PC Cillien 2007 (disliked it intensely), the Kaspersky suite (liked it but it's real times http scans slowed down my broadband downloads (a little) and uploads (alot) and it was constantly sending queries ( at the max security settings). Then tried Norton 2007 and I am liking it more every day....have had it on over a month. Run it behind a hardware firewall, and I rarely even know it is there. And from test results I have seen, I feel protected. Never thought I would buy another Norton product, but, in my opinion, its the best suite I have used.

2. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I've not had any problems with the anti-spam. Yes, it needs training, but all Bayesian filters do. I find all the spam I get correctly placed into my Spam folder. Occasionally, I get one misfired, but I then train it by marking it as spam.

As for popups, I don't see any, but then I am using Firefox.

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

The point someone brought up about the importance of support is a good one.
    Some av programs are notorious for lack of support while others will go the extra mile.
    That makes a big difference for me anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.