2 issues of concern with MrU Blaster

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by New B, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New B

New B Guest

sys: WinME

Installed MRU Blaster. Generally like how it works. Have been using a DOS pre-Win boot routine that "DoD wiped" TIFs, history, cookie files.

Other than there is no history file wipe I've noticed 2 things.

1. The MRU scheduler opens automatically on my desktop following system boot. Anyway to stop this?

2. My Explorer "View" preferences are reset to "Large Icons" on reboot. I prefer "Details". Can't stand those icons.

Thanks.

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Have you tried clicking "Stop Timer" and then "Remove all settings"? (I don't know why it's even showing up unless you put it there, truthfully - I've got mine set up to run at start-up every five minutes and it works fine without ever showing up on the desktop).

UN-check "Windows UserAssist MRU's". Pete

3. New B

New B Guest

..."unless you put it there"?

No, when system reboots (when I turn PC on) scheduler box is on the desktop. I followed your instructions and scheduler still shows up on reboot.

And, I also uncheck "Windows UserAssist...." and my preset Explorer settings are still being overridden by mrublast.

sys: PC w/ ME :(

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Since you have Windows ME, you will need to uncheck "Windows Stream MRUs" (the Windows UserAssist MRUs do not affect you - checking or unchecking them should not have any effect). That will fix your explorer settings being reset. :)

As for the Scheduler - it sounds like you accidentally checked the box when installing MRU-Blaster (an easy mistake to make).

It is, however, easy to disable also: simply open your Start Menu to the "StartUp" folder, right-click on the "MRU-Blaster Scheduler" shortcut, and choose "delete". The Scheduler will not longer start up automatically.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.