2 computers

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ueler, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ueler

Ueler Guest

I have 2 computer connected to my network one being my laptop. I would like to back up the harddrive on my laptop to a drive on my desktop. What would be the best way to do this.

Thanks!

2. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

I have a similar setup. I bought TI 8 Corporate Workstation Edition as it allows remote imaging. My desktop is my "image server", and I installed the Acronis remote agent on my laptop. I can then image my laptop remotely to my desktop and restore it in the same fashion. This is one way to do it. I can either use my desktop to "pull" the image from the laptop, or I can boot from the CD on the laptop and map a drive on my desktop to store the image on.

3. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

@Ueler - No problem. Create a folder on your desktop PC, right-click and choose "Sharing...". Allow the remote computer (your laptop) to modify/write on the folder.

On the laptop, when creating the image, navigate down to "Computers near me...", select the desktop folder, and of you go!

4. Dog Breath

Dog Breath Guest

I have three computers as well (2 pc/1 mac)... My notebook is the workhorse.. I save from the notebook to the desktop. I have the desktop as a network drive (shows in "My Computer" like a hard drive). I simply do the backups and save to the network drive, which is my desktop. No need for a corporate edition... unless it would make the network speed faster, which I doubt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.