2.7 versus 3.0

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by lekillerderpg, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poutine

poutine Registered Member

I dont think so, but seeing as NOD32 protects me so well, ive never had to clean a thing ever. :)

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , it even cleans better than v3 . Just as ESET advertises , I have tried it myself with two real trojans collected from an infected computer.

Both these 2 are detected by ESET . On my test computer NOD32 v2 and EAV both cleaned the threats but EAV v3 killed the trojans off the machine without restart needed and they were really gone . NOD32 v2 eliminated them , too , but v2 wanted me to restart and only after restart they were gone.

3. Filter57

Filter57 Registered Member

well as i see it now the major difference is in filtering. v2 uses winsock and v3 uses local proxy that raises some security questions among users.
    we will see with time if those claims are grounded. And why even clean files?
    I always just deleted any threats found, but that does not mean the infected files are gone from your hard drive, windows just can`t see them anymore, until they are over written.
    And v3 version is for way more advanced users than v2 is.
    V3 probably does better job than old version did, at least with filtering stuff, but as said there are some questions needed to be answered.
    If i should choose between those 2 i`d stay with v2 for now.
    But than again it is the individuals choice. :isay:

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

By writing "cleaning" I mean generally eliminating any kind of threat (not only a file infector - virus) .

5. OHM

OHM Guest

So...
    A lot of people think that it's too early to use v 3?
    I'm using v3, and I'm just a little bit worried if I'm doing the right thing.
    Maybe I'll just rollback to v2.

6. swami

swami Registered Member

Why! You got some problems?
    I think most problems arise people changing the default settings and not understanding them.

7. virkelie

virkelie Registered Member

I still don't understand the concept of "cleaning" versus deleting a file.

Does "cleaning" refer to cleaning the whole computer? or removing a virus attached to a file?

If cleaning means the latter, isn't deleting better?

8. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Some viruses can be removed from the applications they are attached to, leaving the application virus free and working, that's cleaning. However I haven't seen an actual virus in over 4 years, and since there's nothing to clean in trojans/rootkits etc. they just get deleted.

9. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

If I might take a stab at this one, I believe 'cleaning' is simple referring to the non critcal, and non dangerous, parts of malware after it has been disinfected; leftover registry entries, leftover "accomplice" files, etc.

10. piranha

piranha Registered Member

I agree ! V3 with default settings works well for me and v3 is easier to set than v2.7

11. Fgh

Fgh Registered Member

Hello,

Version 3.0 is far to be as good as 2.7 ! This version is more nit than 2.7 and stops definitively on a damaged compressed file ! :mad:

12. Night_Raven

Night_Raven Registered Member

Decided to try v3 last night but went back to v2.7. Had only one problem but it was kinda major - access via port 80 was blocked. Neither of my browsers opened a single page, while NOD connected successfully for updates and QIP and Skype had no problems connecting as well.
    I tried changing settings but to no avail. I'll stick with v2.7 untill v3 becomes really stable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.