2.7 to 4.2 = weird happenings...!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by UriO, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UriO

UriO Registered Member

Hello,

A month ago I still had A very old version of Remote Administrator on my SBS 2003, and all my 30 client computers had NOD32 2.7 running on them.
    Everything worked just fine.
    Then we decided to install the new Admin Console (without Exchange) on our new Server 2008, and pushed the installation of NOD32 Antivirus 4.2 to all the clients.

Some computers managed to go from 2.7 to 4.2 without a hassle, but we have about 10 computers that keeps me working late. Some of them freeze about 2-3 times a day. Some of them can't get the Outlook to update its folders form the Exchange server. Some of them stops browsing from time to time. All have to reset to rectify things.

I tried disabling the Outlook integration - didn't work.
    I tried removing the NOD32 (using ESETUninstaller in safe mode) and installing it again from a exe file (not remotly install it) - didn't work.

These specific clients has no special configs: they all have WinXP SP2/3 and they have Office 2003/2007.
    The only identical thing about them - if I uninstall 4.2 and then install 2.7 - everything works great.

So... Weird, eh?

I'd appreciate any ideas and help.

Thanks a bunch!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Not sure if you installed the latest build 4.2.71, if not please do so. Before you begin with installation, perhaps you could try running "netsh winsock reset". A log from SysInspector might shed more light in case there's other software / driver interfering with the ESET tdi driver.

3. UriO

UriO Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply! I installed 4.2.71 today, on one of the problematic computers. Now I'll wait and see. I also did the netsh command before doing that.

I also have a SysInspector ZIP file... just renamed it to TXT to attach it.
    Does it help?

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.