12% of e-mail users have actually tried to buy stuff from spam

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by snowdrift, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowdrift

snowdrift Registered Member

2. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

It's really amazing some people actually fall for this stuff.

3. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

4. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

That's just an unbelievable statistic, isn't it? I agree Fastmail does a great job. Also, using your own domain, turning off catch-all, and assigning a name for every new email correspondent makes a perfect whitelist-like approach. For example, if you sign up at Wilders, you use wilders@mydomain.com . Most hosting providers make it sooo easy to add a new email name (not as a full user - but a forward or "alias") that it just takes an extra few seconds and well worth it to have ZERO spam. If I ever DO get spam from somebody, I know exactly who it's from and can go to that account in my host's email management console and hit "delete" - problem solved. With domain names as cheap as $1 for GoDaddy when they run their specials and hosting from free (000web.com - the best no-ads free host by far) to paid (numerous - I use Dreamhost) it's now a viable option for everybody.

5. Fly

Fly Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.