1.5 Temp Internet Files Plugin

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by RandomGuy, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Guest

JavaCool,

The New plugins are great! However the temp internet files plugin does not remove anything from my system.

It has set the directory containing the files to:

C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\local settings\Temporary Internet Files

However this is actualy something of a mystery direcotry. It itself contains no files but the way it works is to hold the cache in subdirs \Content.IE5\RANDOM then when the user accesses the direcotry the files are displayed as just been under Temp Int Files.

Therefore i think thats why your plugin is deleting nothing at all.

The directory should be set to C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

And be able to remove all sub dirs and files (i dont know if the plugin does this i have not tried)

Does this sound about right? Am i the only one that has seen such results?

p.s

Keep up the work with MRU blaster! Its great and we really value your time and effort! :D

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

The path it shows is just the general path - it does enumerate all the subfolders of the hidden Content.IE5 folder when it is cleaning (but that process is hidden from the user to make it as easy as possible to use - the "simple" path is displayed so users can make sure it is auto-detected correctly). :)

Some files may still show if you browse to the Temporary Internet Files after a cleaning (depending on the version of Windows and IE) - but after a reboot (and the wiping of the index.dat file) they should all be gone (some links are kept within the index.dat file and are shown when you browse directly to the Temporary Internet Files).

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.