FireFox 3.5b4 disabling SpywareBlaster protection

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Techlogi, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Techlogi

Techlogi Registered Member

Hi, every time I start FireFox 3.5b4 it keeps disabling (230) cookie protection for FireFox. It does this everytime I start FireFox. I reported it to FireFox, but they said this:"Please report this to the "SpywareBlaster" developers. I have no clue what a kind of protection this tool tries to do."
    Can this be fixed with an update? Thanks.

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

Im using FireFox 3.5b4 with newest spywareblaster on my pc and all working ok

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Firefox 3.5 has a new option under both "Clear Recent History" and "Settings for Clearing History" (when Firefox closes) called:

• "Site Preferences"
    If you check the Site Preferences option, any custom-configured site preferences (including cookie blocking, image blocking, pop-up blocks/allows etc.) will be cleared. This includes the protection that both SpywareBlaster and other tools like Spybot S & D set.

The simple solution? Don't check the "Site Preferences" box. In most circumstances, there's absolutely no reason to clear them. (i.e. You probably want to keep them.) :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. Techlogi

Techlogi Registered Member

Thanks Javacool. Did what you said and all works fine again :thumb: :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.