Program has performed illegal operation

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Mark Press, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Press

Mark Press Registered Member

This topic has been posted about before with no apparent solutions offered. I use Spyware Blaster on two computers, one operatin uner Windows XP and under 98SE. Recently I have been unable to use Spyware Blaster on the Windows 98 computer. Each time I try to start I get the same message which has been reported on before: Programs has performed illegal operation... caused an invalid page fault in module kernel32.dll at 0187.bffb9a6. I have uninstalled the program, downloaded a new one, and get same results. Any ideas?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

3. Defixer

Defixer Registered Member

Hi,

I had the exact same problem, following the download of some freeware. Uninstalling the freeware did not work. Uninstalling and reinstalling Spywareblaster did not work, and I also had the same problem with a few other programs, which previously worked fine. After several hours of research, I found: This issue may be caused by any program that installs different versions of the Oleaut32.dll, Olepro32.dll, Asycfilt.dll, and Stdole2.tlb files (and possibly others). This may create a mixed file version environment with files that are not compatible with each other.

I found a fix that worked!

Solution: Download a Microsoft program called mcrepair to your desktop. Open it and select yes to all questions. It will replace theose 4 above dll files, with correct / compatible versions. You must restart the pc, to register the files, but after that Spywareblaster, as well as the othe programs (having the smae error) all worked fine. Try it and let me know.

4. Defixer

Defixer Registered Member

5. oldmobie

oldmobie Registered Member

I found this thread with google. (I had the same problem.) mcrepair worked for me too. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.