IObit again

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Jose_Lisbon, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jose_Lisbon

Jose_Lisbon Registered Member

2. guest

guest Guest

Luckily, I never used anything from them. Hope they get banned from major download sites asap.

3. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

Thank you, Jose_Lisbon, for posting this. I'm getting fed up with the lame defenses of this corrupt company.

4. DigitaBotOne

DigitaBotOne Registered Member

:thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: Iobit = :argh:
    What would u expect from Iobit :thumbd: :thumbd:
    That been posted on the iobit form wonder how long it will be before its deleted ?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Good thing I don't install their software anymore after the Malwarebytes' incident.

6. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

lol IObit.

7. scott1256ca

scott1256ca Registered Member

Since they are installing the yahoo toolbar, send a message to yahoo asking why they are allowing this. Yahoo will likely claim it is iobit and not them but Yahoo still has a business relationship with iobit and should be accountable for the manner in which their toolbar gets installed.

At least that is how I see it.

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Not to be lame, i can believe the toolbar part but hijacking system restore? WTH, seems hard to believe.

I may try this to see if this is true :rolleyes:
    In fact, i'll try it RIGHT NOW!

9. Noob

Noob Registered Member

So after testing, here are results.
    When i installed IOBIT Advanced System Care free it did not ask me for a yahoo toolbar, i checked if it was installed and there was no trace, i opened Internet Explorer 9 to check toolbars and nothing i checked Google Chrome and nothing :rolleyes:
    For some reason the it never asked me about the toolbar, probably because i use IE 9?

10. littlebits

littlebits Registered Member

Advanced System Care has been installed on my system for many years and I never had any toolbars, malware or system restore issues. That is on both WinXP with IE7 and Win7 with IE8.

Just run the latest installer and it didn't install anything but the program itself, I have WinPatrol Plus installed and Scotty never gave me any notifications except for Advance System Care tried to start with Windows.

Maybe they had a bad installer for v.3.7 and removed it or the author that wrote that review is just paranoid. It's hard for me to believe that malware and toolbars got pass WinPatrol.

I have SmartDefrag also installed and never had any problems with IObit products, but I don't agree about what they did to Malwarebytes that's a separate issue.

Thanks.:)

11. traxx75

traxx75 Registered Member

I agree. System Restore isn't exactly a stable, foolproof system. I've seen it fail in similar fashion on systems that have a minimal set of sociability-tested applications.

I think Bill Mullins was possibly getting caught up in his moment, since he didn't actually have any proof that System Restore had been messed with. He just made an excited assumption based on his other experiences at the time.

I'm not trying to decry the unethical dealings of IOBit but one should always be careful to backup all accusations with evidence :)

I'd like to hear how many other people have had the same bad experience with that software, though, since it does not seem to be occurring consistently.

12. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

I have never used their products and dont intend to anytime.ROFL:argh:

13. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

14. DigitaBotOne

DigitaBotOne Registered Member

Returnil shows one of IObit's products under Recommended Third Party Products o_O :'( :'( :'(
    IObit :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:
    IObit's products :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:
    Returnil :thumbd: for Recommending anythimg from Iobit.........

15. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I am by no means a fan of IOBit's past chicanery. However, the Mullins article seems to be the work of someone who is better at writing than he is at tracing computer issues to their correct source before throwing rocks at software. His allegations are simply untrue!

16. littlebits

littlebits Registered Member

Completely agree, ever since the Malwarebytes incident, IObit has been in the firing line. I have read several other false reports about their software that I know for a fact are not true. IObit has very good relationships with their users, other partnerships with vendors and several download sites like MajorGeeks and download.com, because if they were really guilty of these accusations, I'm sure these sites would have already removed their products. Softpedia even gives 100% clean award to Advanced System Care- http://www.softpedia.com/progClean/Advanced-WindowsCare-Clean-23169.html

If you know anything about Softpedia's 100% clean award, you will know how hard it is to get it.

Shame on IObit for stealing MBAM database, but also shame on these false reports about IObit's products having malware.

Thanks.:)

17. Noob

Noob Registered Member

BTW, seems that he removed his article you wonder why :rolleyes:

18. pingaling

pingaling Registered Member

Quite outrageous accusations made by Bill Mullins
    I guess WinPatrol will be contacting him to get a copy of this Super Spyware for analysis, after all, he claims it can easily break through the WinPatrol defenses and install a toolbar :rolleyes:
    That statement made by him was so absurd it was almost funny

I'm glad the article is gone, that type of abuse of the "power of the internet" does no good

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  19. tesk

tesk Registered Member

Why is this thing so different from other softwares?

Foxit Reader do also have an aggressive way of installing their toolbar onto victims computers. Try to look at the Norton Security Scan - if that is not a rogue software.

It will install the same way as this toolbar is doing, but telling you that you are not protected by any antivirus and you have to buy Norton to become protected.

Bottomline is; - Symantec is more rogue than IObit if we are going down this street.

20. pingaling

pingaling Registered Member

The whole article was too unbelievable to be true.

The version Bill Mullins tested was 3.7.3 and that was updated one month ago, if his claims were true surely someone else would have reported it by now.
    If you search the web looking for users who reported this problem with Advanced System Care 3.7 you will find none except Bill Mullins.

Plus he claimed that Winpatrol failed to stop a toolbar from being installed. Rubbish!

It just doesn't add up :thumbd:

21. Jose_Lisbon

Jose_Lisbon Registered Member

I posted links to the article in several forums and know I'm a bit embarrassed.
    It seems Bill screwed up. He didn't even post an explanation.

22. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

23. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

And Bill just taking down the post without an explanation and/or apology makes me as mad as what IObit did. :mad:

24. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Hahahaha, i'm fine with accusations as long as they are true. :)

We know Iobit screwed it before but false accusations are even worse, that's why i don't like that too. :mad:

25. cristina Kingly

cristina Kingly Registered Member

That is why he has to delete his posts, cause he know what he claims is what he makes up, he dare not share it with others cause professionals or anyone who knows software, knows Advanced Systemcare will expose his lie!

Advanced SystemCare may be not the best software in the world, but it can not be a malware. How can a anti-malware software become a malware? Anyone who has a brain will get the truth.
    It is even listed in Cnet as Top 10 freeware of 2010, is Cnet wrong?
    I know Asc recommend the installation of toolbar, and yes I hate this very much, but it does not force to install, at least for my PC!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.