IObit again

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Jose_Lisbon, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IObit

IObit Registered Member

IObit Never Force Users to Install Toolbar

In recent released IObit products, there is an option to choose installing IObit Toolbar with Yahoo! Search, to let our users quickly access security and system functions, in the installation process. You can easily uncheck the toolbar, ignore it, and go on with IObit products installation. So, if you uncheck the toolbar box, no toolbar or search engine modification will happen. We find some malicious articles, may from our evil competitors, claim that “Despite my instructions NOT to install – the application continued to attempt to install both programs to Internet Explorer, AND Firefox”. This is totally mis-leading and wrong. Everyone can perform the test and see who is lying.

Moreover, IObit programs will not interfere with the system restore function. Most often, when users failed to restore their computer to a previous date, they can go to Safe Mode to restore their computer with success as some anti-virus programs may block the restore function.

IObit is a reliable software vendor and our software is 100% clean without any spyware, adware, or virus. Our software is tested as "100% safe and secure" by many famous 3rd parties like VirusTotal, CNET, and MajorGeeks.

Just enjoy downloading, installing, and using them in your PC with confidence.

Thanks.
    IObit
    press@iobit.com

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes of course we will:rolleyes:

3. luffy

luffy Registered Member

IObit is continuously engaged in wrong activities. I stop using Iobit after the malwarebytes issue. I will tell my friends to stop using IObit products.

4. littlebits

littlebits Registered Member

If you could please provide some proof of IObit's wrong activities besides of the MBAM incident. So far everything that I have read online are just false accusations. The MBAM provided proof of their claim with supported facts, because I have no doubt that IObit used their database without permission.

I know that's bad for IObit to do that without any valid reasons, but how many times have other companies have did much worse? like Microsoft, Apple, Symantec, etc. and still people use their products. Why should people not use IObit's products? Most are very good quality and freeware.

So far IObit only has one verified bad mark, that's it nothing else. Everything else that I have read are just complete lies. As an example, this thread was started from an article that no longer exists because it was based on false accusations which were completely unreliable from the start.

Thanks.:)

5. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

6. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Others have a "convenient" memory...
    BUT
    I cannot forget -that easily- what happened with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I just read the cached version. As for the system restore issue, doing a system restore with Norton, Kaspersky, and many other antivirus programs will cause the same issue, and may have been the cause here.

As for the toolbar, if it did happen as described there may be the possibility there was an error. I remember installing the Shark007 codec package and having it install the Bing toolbar on uninstall. It was an error with the installer that was corrected with the next version. Then you have Nero 10 that installs the Ask.com toolbar without the option of deselecting it.

Sure, the Malwarebytes issue was a stupid thing to do, but it amazes me how exaggerated a story like this becomes because of a previous act of stupidity. I won't use their products just because I feel there are better ones but it looks to me like another sensationalist story that has been pulled because it was.

8. pingaling

pingaling Registered Member

9. luffy

luffy Registered Member

Does it mean that the previous version of IObit’s Advanced SystemCare did - install - spyware/adware?
    I have stopped using IObit since the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware issue.

10. pingaling

Bill says
    The version of ASC that was tested by Bill (or his associate) did NOT contain malware, the test was done wrong and gave an incorrect result
    This was proved when "ten independent technologists" did a “test of the test” and could not duplicate the original result.

Think about it.
    There are people who have the expertise to test all versions of IObit products for malware and some of those people don't like IObit, if they ever do find malware they will tell us about it (you can be sure of that) so it is obvious that no version of Advanced System Care has had this malware because we would have heard about it long ago if it did.
    Toolbars can be easily seen by the user so no software could install a toolbar after the user had refused it without there being complaints, there were no complaints except the one by Bill Mullins.

11. cristina Kingly

cristina Kingly Registered Member

As far as I know, IObit’s Advanced SystemCare is now 3.7.3 and it is always clean since V1 that is why it can keep recommended by famous sites and editors, do you think it can pass all the test of sites and professionals with spyware installed?

If you still have doubts, why not try it yourself, this can answer you best.

12. Noob

Noob Registered Member

For some reason i smell lots of new users in this thread ONLY :rolleyes:

13. pingaling

Hi Noob (but you obviously aren't ;) )

I think you mean new forum members when you say users and I think you are referring to me as one.
    I have been a long time lurker here never needing to ask a question or post a comment until now. I admit I joined to voice my opinion on this topic but I was shocked by the outrageous claims made by Bill Mullins.

Edit: I see that what I originally wrote might start an argument and I don't want to do that so I deleted it.

Safe and happy computing to all :)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Hahaha it's fine man, i was just saying :D

Good to have more members, this is a great community, luckily you will never find the exit :rolleyes:

15. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Quite easy, it's a button called (Log Out) wich is located, yes where?:doubt:

16. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

Good to see a lot of people participating for this topic.. why did Bill publish whatever at the first place and all of a sudden figured out oh well its mistake because it created controversy hahhahaha quite funny eh..o_O

17. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

you are kidding eh? o_O o_O

18. pingaling

I've a feeling I'm not in Kansas any more, I've a feeling I'm in (Hotel) California :eek: :D

19. Fly

Fly Registered Member

Somehow I suspect that Bill's first article was closer to the truth than his last.

I wonder what happened.

20. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

Read Here what they're doing defense :D

21. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

"...
    Actually the worst words we hear is to keep saying we are from China and we are making Chinese crap. This is rude and total racism. We also wish our users will not be misled by such comments and you should decide whether you want to stay with us based on the quality of our products.
    Some examples,
    ..."

'Mr.' Iobit is having a hard time with all the vicious remarks, harsh criticism and even anti-Chinese racism that they (apparantly) read/see/experience.
    Some examples of this racism/viciousness, are linked in his post. One of those 'harsh' critics wrote;

'Version: Advanced SystemCare Free 3.7.0
    "Good Product from China"
    by WoodSomaly on August 29, 2010
    Pros: It works as it said.
    Cons: collect personal information and always work as Admin. Why it can not work in my public account?
    Summary: not too bad. Hope their chinese team will improve it soon.'

Version: Advanced SystemCare Free 3.7.2
    "My system Crash"
    by WoodSomaly on October 11, 2010
    Pros: After used the Registry Fix feature, my system can not boot again. It went to endless BOSD.
    Cons: the new update is not safe enough.
    Summary: Hope their team will improve it.
    link

I'm not sure if the "Good Product from China"-phrase is perceived as sarcasm/racism because of the "".
    If so, it would seem far fetched as all these CNet 'review'/user experience-titles get parentheses.
    I've tried real hard, but I just can't see any viciousness or racism in these 2 posts.
    Don't get me wrong, racist remarks about sw because of IoBit's origin is utter bollocks.
    But 'Mr.' IoBit seems to be gravely offended by even the most mild reviews.
    That's also utter bollocks.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.