F-Secure, and Satan.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DoctorPC, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Please don't bring up GDATA like you do and ruin the thread, you really suck dude, just stop please, just stop dear god....

2. Inside Out

Inside Out Registered Member

Sorry, I just wanted to point out the irony in his post.

3. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I would like to see some evidence. If true, :thumb: F-Secure!

4. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

lol..

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Well when F-Secure becomes the leading AV company in the world I guess we'll have our answer. :D

6. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

LOL I was running some cleanup on F-Secure crap it leaves behind after uninstall. Found more 666 nonsense, literally everywhere. Maybe we have a resident satanist at F-Secure? o_O

Take a look;

http://i42.tinypic.com/2e5r3aw.jpg

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

8. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Probably a subliminal message indicating they are Heavy Metal headbangers and their products rocks :blink:

9. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

Yes they are, and I am a follower of the one dark lor.....ah h*ll I can't take this seriously, I'm christian but that's funny!

10. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

Kind of pointless for the Dark One to be hiding his presence in areas only geeks and hobbyists are going to look, isn't it? There are much easier ways to recruit. :D Really, this is a bit silly. It's either a Linux throwback as said, or someone there had some downtime. Though if the CEO turns out to be Papa Emeritus II, I'm going to do that little "squee" thing. :D I hope the thread stays open a little longer, this is more fun than talking about the NSA for the millionth time.

11. toxinon12345

Ha ha ha :D

12. Great thread :D

13. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Those three sixes might be leftovers from 2006, when Finnish hard rock group Lordi won Eurovosion song contest :)

Regards, hqsec

14. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

15. guest

guest Guest

Hardly, if not impossible.

16. guest

guest Guest

17. velijussi

velijussi AV Expert

Hello,

I am Veli-Jussi Kesti, Director of Security Products from F-Secure corporation, I'm glad to inform you that our security suite is not infested by unholy powers.

The “666” found in conjunction with our product is the ID for a customization package for F-Secure Internet Security, which happens to be “666a513”. We use the first three characters of this ID to build the customization directories, therefore the F-Secure Internet Security 2014 generates a folder: C:\Users\XXXXXXXXX\AppData\Local\F-Secure\F-Secure CUIF\666, the ID varies based on the installation and the customization used. For example, if some of you happen to use our beta product, available through beta.f-secure.com the same folder is: C:\Users\XXXXXXXXX\AppData\Local\F-Secure\F-Secure CUIF\678.

I understand that the number “666” can cause anxiety to people, but in this case the number is just a number. However since changing the ID should be an easy enough task I'll see if we can make it happen. Our product is not there to cause anxiety of any kind to anyone, it's installed so that people can be safe and feel safe when they use their computers and gadgets in their daily life.

18. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Good on you velijussi, get it done. And welcome to the best computer security forum, Wilders.

19. toxinon12345

:argh: :thumb:

20. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

I am disappointed to hear that. In that case I will refrain from using these products. Hail Satan...

21. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

Well, darn. I guess Papa will just have to stick to singing. Not that that is a bad gig, I'd take it. Oh well, thread done. :D

22. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

I see you got my email, with an invite to answer the issue here.. :thumb:

Glad to hear it's not infested with satanic scum! It would be cool to change this, but also keep in mind the FileID's are listed in quite a lot of places, especially the registry. I suppose all of those are linked with that particular customization package.

I tend to find stuff out, not sure why - my inquisitive mind is always seeking. When I find oddities - such as in this case, I tend to report them. Needless to say, a lot of companies find use for me in alpha/beta testing.. :blink:

23. FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader Registered Member

Reading this thread has been more entertaining than the football matches that were on today! Thanks.

24. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Best lol

25. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Indeed this appears to be the case.

I noticed my cable provider has their own bundled F-Secure 2014 with a lifetime subscription for up to 8 PC's (well, expires in 2030). I never noticed they offered this until today, when I upgraded to their 60Mbps connection.

Downloaded it on one of my auxiliary PC's, and the AppID was 10478, so everywhere it said 10478 rather than the 666 of the normal F-Secure application. So I will go ahead and use that license (sans satan) on auxilary PC's, and use the new Kaspersky license (also satan free) I just purchased for my other 5 computers.

But nevertheless, I would highly recommend they remove 666 from the product..:-*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.