F-Secure, and Satan.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DoctorPC, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

:eek: :blink:

2. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

DoctorPC: You have the distinction of being the first and only person to attribute an antivirus company with the Dark One. I'm not sure whether to playfully tell you to get a new hobby or applaud you for being first in a whole new level of conspiracy theory. :D

Overkill, scared? :D :p

I'm so happy we got to keep this thread, that was fun!

3. guest

guest Guest

Appreciate the clarification. :thumb: Although the 666 part is just a trivial concern. I am personally more interested about the Media Force part. Is it true that it's just to validate the subscriptions like some people said? Thank you.

Oh come on now... They're just numbers. It's nothing different with 555 or 777 or 12345 or 81973. Don't be so hexakosioihexekontahexaphobic.

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Indeed, in a software and all. Better go through the whole OS to be on the safe side :)

If my password would be ******666****** would that then be the master password to hell or what :doubt:

This thread has served it's purpose. Especially after the answer from the F-Secure official.

I can only speculate about what will happen when the ESET VSD reaches 9666 :p

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  5. Compu KTed

Compu KTed Registered Member

F-Secure is not the only vendor. Search: security update 666.

Also search: SevenDust computer virus and the name given to it by another antivirus vendor.

6. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

This thread was interesting with all the speculations....until the Director came in and revealed the facts. Disappointed that no such pact was made. I guess Satan found better candidates elsewhere.

7. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Maybe ESET will skip this number to avoid havoc :)

Regards, hqsec

8. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I hope they won't skip it, and I don't think they will. And I doubt it will be a problem for anyone as it will only last on the update server for a couple of hours until 9667 is released. :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  9. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

All I'll say is it's not wise to poke fun at religion in any way, I will not say anymore due to the rules of this forum. MODS better close this one quick!

10. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

----nevermind.

11. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

F-Secure has responded to this topic. In the event new information is available, it will be added to this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.