Biniware Run

Discussion in 'Biniware Product Discussions' started by alexandrud, Dec 12, 2018.

1. alexandrud

alexandrud Developer

Nobody reads the user manuals: https://biniware.com/usermanuals/brun.pdf#page=25

upload_2024-4-9_10-4-6.png

Separators are supported since March 2019 :)

2. aldist

aldist Registered Member

I may not have made my point correctly. I know about this feature and have been using it for a long time, and my post with the corresponding screenshot is in this thread. But with this implementation each separator takes a lot of vertical space. I have 6 delimiters, and the context menu has increased in height by 6 extra items.
    sep.png
    I'm talking about a classic separator like in Windows and other applications, a thin line that doesn't take up any space at all.

3. alexandrud

alexandrud Developer

The reason why there is a minimum height set for the separator is to be easy to select it with the mouse. Below, on the left, 16px height, on the right, 4px height, both selected.

upload_2024-4-9_14-23-0.png

I agree it looks better on the right. I still have good vision and I can easily select the separator on the right. However, if the selection is difficult you may need to use the keyboard arrow keys to navigate to a separator.

Please download the beta version 6.9.1.0 from the URL below (digitally signed) and let me know if this variant with a smaller height separator works for you:
    https://biniware.com/download/brun/beta/brun.exe

Thank you for your feedback.

4. aldist

aldist Registered Member

In the light and dark theme, the divider contrast is very low, it is almost invisible.

5. alexandrud

alexandrud Developer

Please try the same URL to get version 6.9.2.0. I increased the opacity of the separators so that it will be easier to see them. What about the spacing solution and the selection part? Is it better now?

6. aldist

aldist Registered Member

The light theme is noticeably better, but still needs to increase the contrast. In the dark theme, there is an improvement, but it is very small.
    28.png
    Spacing and selection are fine, it's gotten better.

7. alexandrud

alexandrud Developer

Biniware Run v.7.0.1.0 - June 2, 2024

Change log
    - New: Added support for setting "Window style". Please consult the user manual for details.
    - New: The highlighted context menu item has now available extra actions based on the shortcut type.
    - New: To avoid confusion, certain actions and properties are enabled or disabled based on the shortcut type.
    - New: Added "Open with..." and "Open folder location" actions for a shortcut.
    - Improved: The vertical size of a separator was reduced in Shortcuts tab.
    - Improved: The context menu separators opacity was increased to notice them more easily.
    - Improved: The default highlight color in context menus was set to the default one instead of the accent color.
    - Fixed: Search results return the separators if the search is done for "-".
    - Fixed: Dynamic content does not work when the Path of the shortcut contains an environment variable.
    - Fixed: All shortcuts to *.cpl files have the same icon.

New translation strings:
    WindowStyle=_Window style
    StyleNormal=Normal
    StyleMinimized=Minimized
    StyleMaximized=Maximized
    StyleHidden=Hidden
    OpenWith=Open with...
    OpenContainingFolder=Open containing folder

Download location: https://biniware.com/brun
    .NET 4.8 SHA256: 03ff845136f0a28a0ff6afbef8a916d1d70b405f0d99257cf72cf0bdcc543645
    .NET 8.0 SHA256:
    916c749641e33b1e518803441023d9c58d11c0339a714037d216184f8194021c

Thank you for your support.
    Alexandru Dicu

upload_2024-6-2_15-32-42.png

Last edited: Jun 2, 2024
  8. Alpengreis

Alpengreis Registered Member

@alexandrud

Thanks for new verstion. The translation file de-CH is in work.

One thing:

The new functions "OpenWith" and "OpenContainingFolder" do not work here. In other programs this seems not a problem.

Greetings

PS: I use the .NET 8 version with Windows 10 Pro, swiss-german edition ...

9. alexandrud

alexandrud Developer

I just installed a Windows 10 DE version and Open with and Open containing folder work as expected. Can you please share more details about this?

upload_2024-6-2_21-51-20.png

10. Alpengreis

I tried both function with a TXT file - nothing happens, no dialog ... nothing.

Note that a GERMAN version of Win 10 is NOT the same as a SWISS german version. I don't use de I use de_ch ...

AHHH, it does only not work while in the "big" UI of Brun (configuration window), direct from Brun Icon of a shortcut it DOES work ...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2024
  11. alexandrud

alexandrud Developer

Fixed in version 7.0.1.0. It was not related to OS language or version. There were a lot of changes in this latest version and I forgot to set a parameter for those two buttons in Shortcuts tab :(
    I updated the previous post with the new version and the new SHA256 values. Everything else remains the same. Thank you for your feedback and your help. Now, everything should be smooth.

12. Alpengreis

Thank you very much, it works now :thumb:

13. Hadron

Hadron Registered Member

I'm using Biniware Run for the very first time.

Can someone please tell me how to create a folder or sub-folder so I can add files below it? It looks like there is a "Tools" folder on the Biniware Run page.

Also, how did he get the Start Menu as pictured on the Biniware Run page?

14. alexandrud

alexandrud Developer

Use the Plus button to add a new empty shortcut then set the path of it to Start Menu folder. Or drag and drop the folder into Biniware Run (easier). Then enable Dynamic content for this shortcut so that it discovers the files and folders inside that target.

upload_2024-6-3_8-43-12.png

For the custom icon, open Microsoft website in your browser. Drag and drop the URL inside Biniware Run so that it downloads the icon from Microsoft website. Then set the same icon to your folder shortcut.

upload_2024-6-3_8-46-49.png

Please use 10-15 minutes of your time to check the user manual and this tool will make your life easier once you configure your shortcuts.

15. Hadron

Hadron Registered Member

@alexandrud
    What about a folder or sub-folder?

Just say I want to create a folder called "Documents", then in that folder, I want to add shortcuts to my most used documents. How do I do that?

16. alexandrud

alexandrud Developer

Create a shortcut named "Documents" and then from Windows Explorer open the folder where you have your files, select (as many you want) and drag and drop them under your "Documents" shortcut in Biniware Run. You can use the desktop shortcut or the Shortcuts tree view from Configuration window as drop targets.

Or, if you already have your most used documents in one folder, create a shortcut with the Path to that folder (drag and drop that folder inside Biniware Run) and set to true the Dynamic content. Now, when you open the context menu you have all of them right there.

17. Alpengreis

@alexandrud

The following preference is wrong:

upload_2024-6-3_17-7-16.png

Greetings

PS: It's position 99 in translation file ...

Last edited: Jun 3, 2024
  18. alexandrud

alexandrud Developer

@Alpengreis

What is wrong here? This is without a license:

upload_2024-6-4_9-23-28.png

This is with a license:

upload_2024-6-4_9-24-25.png

19. Alpengreis

@alexandrud

Ahem, NOTHING is wrong here. I'm very sorry for my nonsense posting, I MEANT (for short time) it should be configurable anyways (also without a license).

Have a good week yet.

20. alexandrud

alexandrud Developer

In the future it will be configurable also without a license. For now, that feature is available only for registered users. You are a registered user, just activate it :)

21. Alpengreis

Done now, thank you :thumb::)

22. Hadron

Hadron Registered Member

I made a donation to Biniware.

The donation page says that it's a one time donation with a lifetime license.
    But after making the donation and going to the My Account page, it says this.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2024
  23. alexandrud

alexandrud Developer

Your account is lifetime. A generated license is valid for 1 year. A lifetime license can contain multiple licenses over time. Even a digital certificate expires and you have to renew it.
    The reason for this is that if a license is leaked online on certain websites, I can disable the account which generated it while the leaked license will have a limited usage.

24. Hadron

Hadron Registered Member

I think what you're saying is that you have to regenerate the license key after a year.

Thanks for the clarification.

25. Hadron

Hadron Registered Member

This is a handy application, @alexandrud
    Nice work. :thumb:

I've been playing around with it and testing it and haven't settled on anything in the menus yet, but it works well.
    I also have the tray icon enabled as I don't want the desktop icon to be always on top

I might move the Windows Start Menu to the top. I'm not sure yet. I made some start menu button icons. I set the size to 100 x 100 pixels. That size seems to work well.

Biniware Run Screenshot 02.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.