Zorin OS 6 Core review - I like it very much

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Take a deep breath. Here's a very long, enthusiastic review of Zorin OS 6 Core, a Ubuntu-based distribution, tested on a laptop with 64-bit processor, Intel graphics and SSD, covering live session, installation and daily use, including Wireless, Bluetooth, Samba sharing, look & feel, Windows-like desktop integration, multimedia - Flash, MP3, Apple trailers (QuickTime, iTunes), Microsoft Media Server (MMS) streaming, desktop effects out of the box, quadruple boot install setup, user account import, audio-video enabled slideshow, package management, applications choice, look changer, web manager, web camera, backup, printing to a Samba-shared Windows printer over Wireless, system resources, suspend & resume, stability, some small niggles, and more. Exhale, inhale, expand, expand! Read. Now.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/zorin-core-6.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

yes strange and very intersting distro

problem was in gnome 3 making close to windows so they use AWN as bottom panel and they done awesome job at 1st even i didnt get it was awn

which is very intersting also global menu ( or something close they use for menu bar in awn) which is shockingly stable according to you i guess i try it again i tried beta one

:D

thanks sharing another great review you almost convince me to try it again :D

3. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

i can't find difference between the Paid and Free version

anyone know what Features the Paid version Has ?

4. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.