ZoneAlarm5.0 and NOD

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by gberns, May 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gberns

gberns Registered Member

ZA Pro updated itself tonight to version 5.0. It includes a feature that checks that your antivirus software is running and the subscription has not run out.

It does not recognize that I have NOD32 running and tells me I have no anti virus software in use.

2. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

I saw somewhere, I believe it was in the FAQ on Zonelabs site, that the antivirus monitoring feature of ZAP 5.0 only monitors antivirus software from Symantec, McAfee, Trend Micro and ZoneAlarm itself (which is actually VET antivirus licensed from Computer Associates). It cannot recognize or report on any other antivirus software, including of course, NOD32.

3. gberns

gberns Registered Member

Then it's not much of a feature is it?

4. marti

marti Registered Member

Zone Labs is going to work on that problem. Since it is usless for you, turn off the feature. Since you have NOD32 you have the auto-update feature.

5. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

I agree that it's not much of a feature, but considering what share those vendors have of the U.S. market, it could theoretically be useful to a bunch of people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.