Zonealarm

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by chaos16, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The company's ZoneAlarm product line is one of the most trusted brands in Internet security, creating award-winning endpoint security solutions that protect millions of PCs from hackers, spyware and data theft.

http://www.checkpoint.com/corporate/corporate.html

3. Alec

Alec Registered Member

Checkpoint was one of the early innovators in the network firewall marketplace and is still one of the top three in marketshare in the large enterprise market. Checkpoint's primary product is called Firewall-1 and it is geared for perimeter defense of large corporate networks. Checkpoint has partnered with a variety of hardware providers like Sun Microsystems and Nokia to provide dedicated servers running Firewall-1 to guard such networks.

Checkpoint's acquisition of Zone Labs is fairly recent, and was motivated largely to acquire a well-regarded "endpoint" security solution. Endpoint security means host firewalls on workstations and servers rather than network based firewalls which just scan all traffic travelling across the wire. The centrally-managed "enterprise" version of ZoneAlarm is called Integrity. This Wilders thread provides a chart comparing the features of most of the current players in the enterprise endpoint or host security market.

4. chaos16

But i can download ito_O

is it better than zonealarm??

5. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Well, it's no point using it, it's for network protection... Not fore home use :)

6. chaos16

Is zonealarm security suite a great choice for a internet security suiteo_O?

is the antivirus built in very goodo_O?

7. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

The antivirus uses the VET engine, wich we know from Etrust... Just basic protection, nothing more, maybe a lil less :p

8. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Can you say bloat? :D

9. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

B-L-O-A-T and that is when I said G-O-O-D-B-Y-E after years as a dedicated user. :D :D :D ;)

10. MeanBud

MeanBud Guest

I think Phantom put it best: (quoted by Phant0m)

- To me and number of people here, the majority probably agree that ZoneAlarm is bloatware; I personally definitely know it is bloatware and shouldn’t handle tasks that should be dealt by other means, for instance a big % of codework for cookie handling ALONE when developers could use mere little line, one little API to properly configure embedded IE Cookie feature which is just as good if EVER USED.

Because it is bloatware it causes many of users issues, and slowdown? Definitely, I could run Look ‘n’ Stop v2.05p2 on my 486/20mhz 8MB of RAM just fine, If I were to use ZoneAlarm version dated three years ago, even then It would take half hour or more to fully load. I definitely wouldn’t want to see how long today’s versions of ZoneAlarm take to fully load on that system… (end quote Phant0m)

I was also was five year user of Zonealarm Pro it was a bad firewall,I also left them and happy I did!,if you don't understand what Phant0m is saying,your just buying into the hype of Zonealarm it's bloatware to the Max!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.