ZoneAlarm ver 4.5.594

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by scootnod, Aug 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scootnod

scootnod Registered Member

I'm still using version 4.5 for Zone Alarm (Free), becuase I never liked version 5 very much. Is there any reason to really upgrade to version 6?

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Have a look here:

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/znalm/zaReleaseHistory.html

and see if you're interested in any of the changes since 4.5.

There may be minor bug fixes and possibly security fixes, who knows for sure. My guess is that 4.5 is still ok if you want to stay with it. I doubt there's much difference between 4.5 and 6.0 in the free version, although I see from the list there's a lot of stuff changed, so who knows if any of it is truly important or not?

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I was useing ZA 4.5 and have gone to ver.6 I like ver.6 quite a bit better, it runs light and has given me no problems as of yet.

4. Arup

Arup Guest

As bigc says above, version 6 is truly good and also bug free, seems like ZA has finally got it right, the free version is very good as basic firewall and the pro verison is worth its price for the combined protection it offers.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

It would seem to be wisest to update to v6 assuming no problems are encountered with it..

6. rjprice

rjprice Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.