ZoneAlarm System Checkup

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Johnoz, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnoz

Johnoz Registered Member

Just ran the free ZoneAlarm/iolo technologies System Checkup.

"ZoneAlarm® System Checkup™ performs a rapid analysis of the most critical parts of your system and then automatically generates a detailed report that provides information on overall security, optimization levels, clutter, and hidden errors that cause crashes, instability, and decreased performance."

It appears my computer is in a sad state

It found - amongst other things -

Security Software Check
    "No actively running antivirus software was detected on your system. Without virus protection, your PC runs a very high risk of being inadvertently infected with dangerous viruses."

Despite the fact that ESET AV 3.0.621.0 (with the current virus signature database) is running.

Made a few other mistakes as well.

Not entirely sure that I would buy the iolo System Mechanic 7 offered to help me resolve my problems.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Your ESET Antivirus is running . ZoneAlarm detects just a few antivirus softwares such as Symantec/McAfee/Trend Micro (the big names in the USA ...) . It is unable to detect EA .

You can test your EA here

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

ZoneAlarm has never ever detected any AV that has been running on my system, and that's at least 10+.
    So I would just ignore that silly thing and continue with my business.

4. poutine

poutine Registered Member

I know it suxx at detecting your AV. I asked long ago for them to recognize NOD, never happened. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.