Zonealarm security suite, what a resource hog, agree?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by geepondy, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I found several "not-a-virus" detections from ZA as well as legitimate Adware/spyware detections from ZoneAlarm's Anti-virus component, so I know it uses the extended database of KAV 6.0, but it needs to be enabled first via the AV settings. :)

2. CoolWebSearch

CoolWebSearch Registered Member

So,what's your point?
    Are you saying that ZOneAlarm Internet Security 7.0 failed to block these 10 rootkits and viruses from loadingo_O??

True or noto_O

3. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

I haven't seen progress on either front, though.

4. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

LOL, but I don't drink coffee anyway. I saw an offer to get ZASS from a local store for $9.99 USD after rebate. Most of my MOBO systems cannot accommodate even 1 GB of RAM :oops:
    Even if I did have a large amount of RAM, I would avoid installing memory hogs since when you pile up the active programs on your PC at any given point in time, when one takes up a big chunk, it affects the remaining space for the others (and also usually most large programs tend to perform additional operations that further impact the other active programs).

5. computer geek

computer geek Registered Member

Some, yes:isay:

6. computer geek

So are u suggesting that zonealarm uses kasperskys spyware definitions? ;)

7. CoolWebSearch

CoolWebSearch Registered Member

Ok,but what about ZoneAlarm's blocking abilities against kernel-level rootkits-did you try that?
    Also,the newest review of PC Magazine says that ZA Internet Security 7.0 blocked just about every malware installation trojans,rootkits,spywares and etc...
    What do you think?

8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Yep.......Even when I was using the AV-only version of ZoneAlarm 7 I noticed it would still catch spyware under the KAV names (i.e. "not a virus" detections). Its own Anti-spyware engine also does seem to detect something using ZoneAlarm's own definitions and their own technology, but so far it has detected little more than insignificant riskware and tracking cookies as long as I have used it (of course; the KAV engine catches most of the really nasty stuff so there's nothing left to detect).

9. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

About a year ago for AV.

10. computer geek

a bit of the topic, but will zonealarm 7.5 contain http scanning and when will it be released? And yes, i see what u mean by not a virus downloader but zones engine still caught some medium rated windows spyware and it had a different name to kasps.:blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.