ZoneAlarm Pro free today only

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by acr1965, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

2. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

The free part is great (similar to last years offer) but the credit card requirement and auto renew unless opt-out is stupid (and dissimilar to last years offer). I hate this kind of garbage (i.e., a company that produces security software doesn't need my financial information for a "free" offer) and it's why I won't take advantage of the offer or do business with companies who make these offers.

3. Morro

Morro Registered Member

That is how i see it as well.

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

It's manipulative, but it's also typical - similar to "rebates" which are a way of collecting personal information and holding back money. It's the BS you put up with to get the deal. It's not free, it's just not a financial transaction. Specifically you can deal with the credit card requirement by giving them a "virtual" number that quickly expires.
    Meanwhile, it would be nice if they actually sent the email with the license :)
    Update: I received the email which included the key. There is no need to use a credit card to get the license.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  5. wideglide36

wideglide36 Registered Member

I took advantage of the free offer of ZA Pro last year and I just received a new key in my email.

I input the new key in my last years version of ZA Pro and it accepted it and increased the coverage by 365 days.

I am using the 8.0.298.000 version of ZA Pro as it still has the anti spyware feature where as the latest version doesn't, as far as I know.

Also, I did not have to use any credit or debit card for this new license key. I assume that they are only required if you install the latest version.

Just thought I would let the folks know who are using an older version and wanted to extend their license.

6. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I just got the new license but the installer is 9.0.136.000, a slightly newer version than 9.0.114.000...

But it seems this thread will be closed soon, since it appears that this offer is not for the general public.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  7. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

This might sound like a silly question but what happens after the 365 days? Does the firewall stop functioning?

Ice

8. Victek

Victek Registered Member

No, it keeps functioning, but it stops updating.

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Why you think so?

10. MeFer

MeFer Registered Member

Use IE

There is problem with Firefox.

11. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Seems offer is for all as it,s there on ZA twitter page, for every one. They did not ask me anything except name and e-mail address.

12. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

No credit card required. Received my key. Terrific offer for which I am most appreciative. :thumb:

13. IceCube1010

Thanks! I didn't have to enter any credit card info. They just emailed me the link with the reg code and I downloaded it, installed it and inserted the code. All is good. Seems light on my XP pro(sp3) laptop. I think it's a keeper to go along with my other security apps.

Thank you Checkpoint for the offer!
    Ice

14. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

15. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

It seems they have changed the way they offer the license...I was required to put in my credit card details in order to get the license.

16. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Sounds "phishy"... maybe folks who entered credit card info need to contact ZoneAlarm and confirm that they were doing that.

17. volvic

volvic Registered Member

They certainly were.

How do I opt out of auto-renewal, as there was no such option ...

18. IceCube1010

It's possible they are not asking for the credit card info now. Why would they offer the free software for 1 year and ask for credit card info. That doesn't make any sense at all. I would double check with Checkpoint to make sure they're wasn't any redirecting going on. :eek:

Ice

19. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Same here; no credit card info required, otherwise I would not have proceeded anyways. Just for kicks, running it on VBox XP Pro. So far so good.

20. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

I'm with the evil corporations theory.They've tried to make a few $$$ with the auto renewal enabled.

21. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

It looks to be an absolute killer on resources, although to be fair I haven't noticed any stability issues yet.

Attached Files:

22. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

I think it's free only for new customers. Possibly meaning new name, new email address. It didn't ask for credit card but everything else. I backed out.

23. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I can,t understand what they mean by new customer?

24. loli22

loli22 Registered Member

samething here :thumb:

for the credit card thing, maybe it depends on wich country you are, i'm in london.

25. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I used the same name and email that I have used with them for the last 8-9 years, and still got a free license key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.