ZoneAlarm Pro and Internet Security Suite 6.5.737.000 released on 31 Aug

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Chubb, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

New and improved features in ZoneAlarm Pro version 6.5.737.000

* Fixes a crash that was discovered in some cases on international versions.
    * Includes a policy update for the operating system firewall that retains the same security levels but reduces a class of alerts for better usability.
    * Fixes a minor display issue in some international installers that was truncating the text display.
    * Minor improvements to Spyware Web site blocking.

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/zap/releaseHistory.html

New and improved features in ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 6.5.737.000

* Fixes a crash that was discovered in some cases on international versions.
    * Includes a policy update for the operating system firewall that retains the same security levels but reduces a class of alerts for better usability.
    * Fixes a minor display issue in some international installers that was truncating the text display.
    * Minor improvements to Spyware Web site blocking.

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/zass/releaseHistory.html

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I have ZAISS 6.5.737 installed on a tesing PC. I thought its AV has not lived up to my expection and thinking to replace it w/ KAV 6. How to go about it? Disable ZA's AV first and then install KAV 6? Any conflict possible? I have heard that KAV is very nasty rejecting other AV's presence. I do not need a BSOD. Please advise. Thanks.

3. unhappy_viewer

unhappy_viewer Registered Member

The stance of any AV company is not to install two antiviruses to prevent conflicts. If you want to, thats your decision.

However Kaspersky's installer is very fussy and stops the installation the moment it detects another AV installed. What some people do to bypass the problem is to uninstall ZASS first, install KAV than install ZASS back again. Make sure you are doing all this while offline since you don't have a firewall to protect you.

4. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

If you have installed ZAISS 6.5.737 on a testing PC, I would suggest that you uninstall ZAISS 6.5.737 and install only the ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall to use with KAV 6.

5. SoCalReviews

SoCalReviews Registered Member

I don't know about using KAV 6 but I am using ZASS 6.5.737 along with NOD32 2.5 and it works great. I had NOD32 and ZAP installed previous to upgrading the product to ZASS. I have the ZASS AV component disabled and most ZASS AV scanning features disabled just to prevent problems if the ZASS AV somehow was re-enabled in the future by accident. I also have ZASS IMSecurity component disabled since I read that there is a conflict with that and NOD32 but I have not verified this myself. I was using ZAP 6.1.744.001 before upgrading the product to the latest ZASS and that worked well also. I actually prefer the lates version of ZASS (the latest ZAP would also work well) since it seems to be a little more efficient and seems to run a little smoother than the previous ZAP that I was using.

Some helpful installation information to note is that I turned the load at startup option off for all my security software (including for ZAP) before installing ZASS and re-enabled them one by one after the ZASS install to check for compatability. I also turned off all the NOD32 modules before installing ZASS just to prevent problems. The ZASS email antivirus scan feature auto sensed the NOD32 EMON (email monitor) or IMON (internet monitor) module was installed and automatically disabled that ZASS AV feature during configuration even though I had disabled that NOD32 module before installing ZASS.

I asked about NOD32 and ZASS compatability in the NOD32 forum here a while back and found that several NOD32 users were using the two programs in this way. It would be interesting to know if you can do the same with KAV but it might be more finicky to having another AV installed on the system.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.