ZoneAlarm & Ghostsurf

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by bernddude, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bernddude

bernddude Registered Member

I am using Zonealarm security suite 6.1xx and recently installed Ghostsurf Platinum edition 2005. since then Zonealarm shuts down about every 10 -15 min. anybody familiar with this problem and even better would know a way to fix it ?
    ps. when i shut down Ghostsurf... the problem is gone ....

2. metallicakid15

metallicakid15 Registered Member

there probaly is a conflict

3. Purplexity

Purplexity Registered Member

Hi bernddude .
    I Installed Tenebril Ghost Surf Platinum 2006 recently. After one day I realised I'd made a bad move. The suite is just that, it wont allow any other apps ; Resident Anti-Spyware , On-Demand scanners , Firewalls to run, as it tries to do the lot itself .:(
    As it is constantly re-routing your connection throughout the Web, creating a unidentifiable ip address , which is the reason for the term " Ghost Surf " , Zone Alarm would be totally confused , to put it simply.
    I un-installed it as I have tried and trusted programs , Anti-Spyware/Malware /Trojan, and I don't believe Tenebril Ghost Surf Platinum is anywhere near their standard.
    Your specific question:
    As metallicakid15 suggests there is a conflict.
    It's your choice, get rid of ZoneAlarm , or Ghost surf, the two conflict. Plus others. As i said, I went back to the programs I have faith in, too risky leaving it all up to Ghost surf Platinum IMHO .

4. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi bernddude,

Did you try configuring GhostSurf's Architecture Launch Vehicle in ZoneAlarm's Control Center Program Control panel?

-- Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.