ZoneAlarm Anti-Virus and Security Suite 2010 9.1.507.000

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AvinashR, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

New Version of ZoneAlarm is "OUT"

FEATURES:

"Antivirus Here" and "Extreme Security Suite Here"

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2010
  2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Hows that virtual browsing work? Thats forcefield right? I don't remember it being very good.

3. AvinashR

IMO, its like Private Browsing feature which is in IE8...

4. littlebits

littlebits Registered Member

Is ZoneAlarm still using Kaspersky's AV engine? I heard they were switching to BitDefender.

Thanks.:)

5. gery

gery Registered Member

where did u hear this? as far as i know still using KAV . If that is true it would be a good reson to switch to another vendor:thumbd:

6. AvinashR

They are still using Kaspersky's Engine...But not sure whether they are using the latest one or the previous one which is of Kaspersky 2009

7. codylucas16

codylucas16 Registered Member

I was going to try ZA last night and it actually caused my system to BSOD. After I recovered from that it would freeze within 2 minutes of starting up. Never again.

8. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

If it's Forcefield, I can comment a little. I have Forcefield, for the past couple of weeks. It stopped and contained two instances when I was hit with two rogue antiviruses. Both came from very safe sites where something like that shouldn't be.

It contained both of them and when I emptied Forcefield they were removed.

I don't know how Forcefield would handle serious stuff. I don't go looking for malware, and don't go to dangerous websites.

Actually, I like Forcefield. A couple of days ago, I added geswall free, so Forcefield might be overkill. Still, it's paid for so I'll use it on IE8. Mostly I surf with Google Chrome (beta 5), in geswall.

9. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Are you just running forcefield or the EXtreme ZA?

10. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

I'm running ZA Extreme Security since september(i switched to G Data in december but i had problems with it..). I love it.

If somenoe has BSOD, that is not only ZA's fault, try update drivers and/or remove other security products.

What i love in Zone Alarm?

-Great firewall
    -Good antivirus(latest Kaspersky SDK engine)
    -ForceField(virtualization is the future, ForceField saved my butt several times..)
    -multi-layered protection(signature, heuristics, HIPS, virtualization, virtualized behavior detection in ForceField, antispam, keylogger jamming, identity protection...and several other layers to defend the user)

And what i really like is the support. The support is very good. So i recommend Zone Alarm to everyone.

11. gery

gery Registered Member

I had ZA for more than a year and i really liked it a lot. Recently had many problems with the update not working ok and scanning. Anyway it made me uninstall Trojan Hunter and SAS pro. Anyway the license renewal is a little too much for me so decided to not do the renewal but i might consider buying it again if there are some sort of discounts sometimes this year. I also have a FW from ZA subscription which i am planning to install soon. It conflicted with AVG a lot and i uninstalled them both from my laptop. I really like ZA it is one of my favorite security app that really did not slow down browsing at all. I would hate if they switch to anything else unless this is AVG or AVAST OR AVIRA:thumb: :D :D :D

12. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

This bug has been solved with the latest version of ZA products, ZA Free is still in beta but it will be release soon.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.