ZoneAlarm 5.5 Beta Up

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by tazdevl, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

ZoneAlarm 5.5 Public Beta Up

Hopefully it fixes the multitude of problems with 5.1.

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/beta

Seems to have a fair bit more bloat.

ZAP 4.5 - 4.78 MB
    ZAP 5.1 - 5.54 MB
    ZAP 5.5 - 6.67 MB

Last edited: Aug 29, 2004
  2. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

taz,
    sounds like you are doing beta test. Are you? Let us know how it goes. I got 30 days or so before my key expires. I now run ZAP 4.5 may stay with it. I do not do beta's maybe I will some day but I will dedicate a seperate machine for them, but until then. no.

I am very interested as to Ram usage. ;)

3. tazdevl

It's a public beta. Seems to be working OK. I'll come back after a couple days. Anyone can DL it.

4. controler

controler Guest

you can't switch between trusted and internet zones>

Bruce

5. tazdevl

I'm able to. If you did an upgrade install, could be mixing things up. Might want to backup your settings, uninstall with the /clean switch, then reinstall.

As mentioned, it is a beta.

6. controler

controler Guest

I uninstalled the old version first.

At the top of the GUI is network connection icon . To the right of that is two zones. top one is Internet. Bottom one is Trusted. clicking on either one only brings up my internet Zone. Maybe that is normal. I am new to this version.

Bruce

7. tazdevl

I just changed it via the zones tab in firewall options.

Never played around with that in pre 5.5 so don't have a baseline.

FYI the /clean switch does a total removal of ZA whereas the normal uninstall does not.

8. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Well, thought I'd give ZA beta a shot, since I'm unable to use any ZA firewall on this machine for the past couple of months. It doesn't run either. True Vector engine just will not start. Whatever it is with XP Home on my machine, I flat cannot run ZA firewall on this machine, and I cannot figure out why. ZoneAlarm starts, but true vector will not.

I give up!! I've cleaned every trace of every firewall out, even removed SpyBot and all traces, Adaware and all traces, and Ewido and all traces using regcleaner and ccleaner. Lately, my computer doesn't like ZA. So, I'm going back to Kaspersky antihacker as soon as this is posted, which my computer seems to like, along with every single other firewall I've tried over the years, including some older versions of ZA which loaded and worked then (all traces of which are gone).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.