Zone Alarm

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Gigabyte, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gigabyte

Gigabyte Registered Member

The firewall that I use now for some reasons blocks certain sites and I have to put it into allow all mode to visit them. Needless to say this makes having a firewall useless if i have to disable it. I am thinking about getting zone alarm. Should I get the free version(does it update) or just purchase the plus or pro version.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It might be a good idea to try the free version before you buy to make sure that it is something you want to spend your money on. I use ZA and like it quite a bit.

bigc

3. Mossback

Mossback Registered Member

I should think the free version is pleanty. I had it for awhile but it is a bit of a bloat. I am now using Outpost Firewall Pro, it uses a lot less of your resources. :) :cool:

4. Gigabyte

Gigabyte Registered Member

I am using the trial version and it seems pretty good. I haven't heard of Outpost. I'll keep it in mind. :D

5. Bucko

Bucko Registered Member

Myself I use ZAP but for just basic protection ZA will do you a fine job. Pro adds privacy protection, web filtering and an ID lock. As for resource use ZAP is pretty easy on my system compared to the older versions.

6. Kitkat

Kitkat Guest

Hi,can anyone tell me how i can block websites in zone alarm.i have the free version.

7. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.