Zone Alarm Problem With Hotmail

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by DVD+R, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Has anyone experienced anything like this.. When I click on the MSN Icon in the taskbar and click My Email Inbox, things go wierd when I get there, I can click on most of the folders, but more often than not, if I click to read a email, I always get the login box page and password, even though I'm logged in through messenger, Iv'e tried allowing every cookie in privacy sites setting,but it just repeats itself again and again,asking me to log in as soon as I click on an unread email. This all goes away, If I exit ZoneAlarm, or chose the cookie control to be off! in Zone Alarm. I would have posted this in Zone Alarm forums,but I get a weird message everytime I try to post, and my post does not get submitted. This is waht it says, can anyone elaborate? :

Your message has been changed because an invalid or malformed HTML tag or attribute was found. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied. The following tags (and attributes) are allowed: p(align), blockquote(dir), b, font(color|size|face), em, i, strong, div(align), a(href|target), ul, strike, img(width|height|border|src|alt), u, center, br, li, hr(width|size), span(class), ol, pre.

I get this even if I preview my post before trying to submit. I am using IE7.

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hi DVD+R,

Same here and same solution. Turn off the cookie control. I then tried another way: to add the hotmail link to the Trusted site list in ZA, and that works for most of the time with cookie turned back on. I mean the link http://by999fd.bay999.hotmail.msn.com, the link after you have logged in to your hotmail account. You may try this.

3. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Is this anything to do with the 'Referer'?

If you have Cookie Control set to medium or high your Referer is disabled (for reasons of privacy), however it may be required for some sites. There is no problem in temporarily disabling Cookie Control though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.