Zone Alarm Pro 5.5 blocks Outlook 6

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by moumiaq, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moumiaq

moumiaq Registered Member

Zone Alarm Pro 5.5.062.011 blocks Outlook 6 from receiving the e-mails and it closes the internet connection.What do i have to change to allow Outlook 6 receive my e-mails.Sorry but i dont know much about this matter so if you need any other information from me just ask.

2. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

well first off, have you granted it access to the trusted and internet zones? open za, click on program control on the left, and scroll down to outlook. make sure you have green check marks under access-trusted and internet. not sure but it may also need server rights as well.

you may also want to check out this thread and this thread as well over at the za forums.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

In program control, I think there is also a separate setting that allows it to send and receive email. Make sure that has a green check by it also..

4. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Do yu have an AV that scans email via proxy ports? If so, the AV must have permission to send mail, and connect to the internet. Sometimes the updater, which already should have permission to call out, is a separate component from the program that scans the mail.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

The user should have been prompted for all of these things, but if for some odd reason they weren't, then the above should be checked...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.