Zone Alarm Pro 2010

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by rugmankc, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rugmankc

rugmankc Registered Member

Anyone using this specific firewall with Nod 32 V4.

I have Comodo FW 3.13? I think it has too many quirks, that eventually need fixes.

Does ZAP work well with NOD32 and Vista 32? I want initial startup of NOD32 and the FW to go quick and not have continual updates to fix conflicts.

I am only moderately computer savvy and don't want to spend time figuring out how to set rules.

I have done some research, but found nothing on the latest ZAP and NOD32 as how well they play together.

Ken

2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I have used the 2 in harmony for a long time on one of my computers.

3. rugmankc

Thanks Fajo,

I just downloaded On-Line Armor Free. Very quick startup, seems to be what I was looking for. Time will tell. Gets good reviews from NOD32 users. I will also look at ZAP 2010 and see what advantages it offers over OA. Will give OA a try first.

4. SolidState

SolidState Registered Member

The two PF I suggest usually for people with Nod32 is Online Armor or Outpost Pro. Zonealarm became a bloated POS IMHO some years ago and I haven't looked back. Perhaps it's better now but I doubt it.

Solid-State

5. rugmankc

SolidState,

It seems great so far. No conflicts at all. Will have to research some performance numbers for it and ZAP 2010.

Ken

6. acooldozen

acooldozen Registered Member

Have been using ZoneAlarm Pro for four or 5 years alongside eset AV. Have always updated each program to latest version, and so far................without incident!

7. rugmankc

Thanks for the info, will go with OA for awhile and see. NO conflict with NOD32 so far. :)

Ken

8. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

My unbiased opinion I would tell you to use ZAP. Tallemu still has not provided a 64bit version of OA free or paid. OA is still a good choice; however, I would go with ZAP since it provides you with more security features than OA free. I would like to mention also my comment should not be taken in the context of A vs B. It is just an unbiased opinion with regard to two products. By the way I would like to mention that I'm using Outpost Security Suite 2009.

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  9. rugmankc

Thanks CogitoTesting,

I may try ZAP 2010 in a month just to compare, I think both are pretty good on firewall tests.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.