Zone Alarm Free Or McAffee Firewall?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by greyfox, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyfox

greyfox Registered Member

I recently connected to Comcast and 1 year's free McAffee Firewall is part of the package deal. I'm now using Zone Alarm Free 4.5.594 and have been happy with it. My question is should I stay with ZA or download the free McAffee firewall and use it? Any opinions on which is the best one?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I really believe in this case it would just be your preference as they are both good firewalls. They will both protect you very well. this is just my opinion but I personally prefer the mcafee firewall

bigc

3. ninja_style

ninja_style Registered Member

usually you get what you pay for, so if mcafee is offering you a firewall that you usually have to pay for free then i guess get mcafee, cause i don't think the free zone alarm firewall can match up to mcafee's non free firewall.

4. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Welcome to the comcast broadband network! I have always had at least one PC protected by a Zone Alarm product while on the Comcast network for years. I was tempted to try the McAfee offer. Here's what it came down to for me.

The Zone Alarm firewall (free until recently) always did the job. It is my opinion firewalls can be a little troublesome at times. So if I had one that was working well, unless you are good at messing with them, I would stick with what is working.

On the other hand when Zone Labs had such a disasterous release with the version 5 family. I started to rethink my position on Zone Alarm, nevertheless I still use ZAP last ver. 5.1 and it works well. My key is expired and I do not intend on renewing just stickin with what I have. I have no experience with Mcafee firewall but know others who do and they seem to like it just fine, no complaints. There you have my opinion on the matter, hope it helps. ;)

5. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Just choose the firewall that works the best on your computer.

6. greyfox

greyfox Registered Member

Thank you all for your input. I think I'll stick with Zone Alarm for now as it's working fine and I don't think I want to mess with setting up a new one right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.