zombie process -- launcher.exe *32

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by cggalloway, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cggalloway

cggalloway Registered Member

First time posting here (I think) so if I'm in the wrong forum please move me.

Here's my problem: If I run Paragon Hard Disk Manager (HDM) Suite 2010 and exit gracefully, I cannot start the application up again (see screen error message). I will not be able to run HDM again until I reboot my machine.

There is a process, launcher.exe *32, running which belongs to Paragon. This shows up the first time you run HDM. After exiting the app, the process is still there. You cannot kill this process. I believe this is the situation generating the error message.

Comments/Suggestions?

Thanx

Windows Vista 64 Home Premium --> Windows 7 64 Home Premium --> Windows 7 64 Professional.

i7-920
    8Gb RAM

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

It looks like something prevent correct closing of HDM.

Please try to switch the program to express launcher before closing. It should also end the launcher.exe process.
    The button to switch ton express launcher is shown below:

ExpLauncherSwitch.jpg

3. cggalloway

cggalloway Registered Member

I think that does it. launcher.exe is only present when running the "Full Scale Launcher". You can watch Task Manager and launcher.exe ends when you select the "Express" option.

Thanx

P.S. I'm a huge fan of Paragon. Use and recommend it at work and bought it for home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.