Zombie Partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by EdP, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdP

EdP Registered Member

Using Acronis True Image Version 8.0 (build 774)

I have two internal hard drives:
    Drive 0 (Disk 1 in True Image) is an 80GB drive with four partitions, C (Pri, Act), D, E, and F; all NTFS.
    Drive 1 (Disk 2 in True Image) is a 300GB NTFS drive with a 60GB Scramdisk encrypted partition.

The properties of both of these drives display properly in Partition Magic and under My Computer in Win XP Home. In True Image, however, a FAT16 (Pri) partition appears after the F partition in the Disk 1 partition list. At one time, I had an encrypted partition on the F drive whose data I transferred to my new 300GB drive and then deleted. It was about the same size as the FAT16 partition that appears in the True Image list.

My guess is that True Image has raised it from its grave, setting it free to stalk the local villagers. What do I do to return this critter to its final resting place?

Thanks
    EdP, villager

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. EdP

EdP Registered Member

Ilya ...

Thanks for the response to my question.

In the process of completing your instructions, I noticed something I hadn't noticed before. The subject partition is the DELLUTILITY partition which appears in some partition lists and not in others. It's not a zombie at all and the villagers are resting easy again.

I apologize for not seeing this before I posted my question and for wasting your time. I don't think you need the report output or the screenshot now, but I'll save them in case you do.

Ed

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ed,

Glad to hear you have solved the problem. Since everything is clear and works fine we do not need any info from you. If you have further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.