zixmail...its ok...what is better?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by cooldays, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cooldays

cooldays Registered Member

I use zixmail to send encrypted emails. It is compliant with my industry standard because the company cant read the emails and has no back door (well...theoretically) and it is always based in the united states. It works by sending an email invitation to create an account after which they are forced to create a password. I have a password on my end and it sends the email encrypted straight from an add in to outlook which is very nice!

emails sent to someone without an account can be replied with encryption but without an account you cant send to someone else who has not already sent you an encrypted message.

Emails are finite and disappear forever after a certain period of time unless you save a copy somewhere. I like this too.

the problems...you have to make sure that you have the right email address because if you send the invitation to the wrong person they can open it. I get around this by making sure I tell the person in person a "code" to respond to a test email say "wildersecurity rocks" or something......and then if they respond I send the encrypted email.

It is a little expensive.

you cant send any emails over 10 mb....this is annoying if you send any amount of high quality scans or photos.

it is not so fast all the time. I get bouncebacks and errors and messages that the email did not go through all the time. I have a 1 year subscription but would like to see what other options are out there.

What I like...using my current email and outlook and I feel secure.

Thanks!

Cooldays

2. cooldays

bump....

3. cooldays

no one can suggest a anything else they like better?

4. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Use the search function - several threads about secure email already. To sum them up: useless unless your contacts are interested in securing their email which the vast majority of the general public can't be arsed to do!

5. cooldays

this does work without the recipient needing to purchase something. But they are limited to replying to someone who sent an encrypted message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.