Zipping program that can do this.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AnthonyG, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I was wondering if anyone knows if any of the zipping/rar'ing applications can do this task. And if so how i would do it.

As what i am wanting to do is highlight a large number of files (around 50) and once they are highlighted have them automatically zipped or rar'ed into their very own individual zip or Rar file.

As opposed to the current method that i currently only know how to do is to have them all zipped into the one zip file.

I am guessing that it is a process that someone must have wanted to do before me so some application maker would have added this feature to its compression program but i am not sure which one or how to do it.

I currently use PowerArchver, WinRar and 7zip. But can seem to fathom out if it is possible to do this with any of these progams.

Anyone know if it is possible? with these or any other applications.

Thanks
    Anthony

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

well this isnt very convenient but i dont know another way.

open up powerarchiver and choose Batch Archive Creation from the Tools menu. add the files u want and voila.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  3. DCM

DCM Registered Member

Cobian backup (freeware) will do this.

You can select as many files as you want and save them to as many destinations as you like.

Save that as a "task" if you want to do it again and the "task" can be run manually or scheduled to run automatically.

This may sound like it would take a long time but it is much easier than it sounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.