Zentimo (USB drive manager) at Bits-du-Jour today

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ruinebabine, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/zentimo/
    Zentimo is the successor of the already excellent USB Safely Remove! 7x64 compatible, and some more niceties implemented here... A bit expensive but I would say an almost indispensable tool with all those external drives and other toys available to us now!

I'd also be interested to know of any similar freebees available.

EdiT
    Please note that the same discount is more permanently available to all USB Safely Remove's licensees.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  2. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Nice,,,,,,as I was reading the product description I was thinking that it sounded a lot like Safely Remove which I have been happily using for quite some time. Then I find its the next gen of SR and I think,,,,yup, this is a winner.

Thanks for the heads up on this one.

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I've been using Zentimo for a while. It's a nice evolution of USB SafelyRemove. Note that there's already a Zentimo 1.1 beta with some improvements and fixes at the product website.

4. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

$20 to safely remove a drive that doesnt even need to go through the process? As long as the HD/USB removal policy is set at default for quick removal this program is obsolete.

5. ruinebabine

@ Victek123
    I downloaded their last beta and it's working fine, thanks.

@ whitedragon551
    Zentimo is doing a waybit more then that.
    It could even be one of the main raisons why they finally upgraded the old name's product...
    To get an idea of those features, you could have look at
    http://zentimo.com/features.htm
    http://zentimo.com/blog/zentimo-1-1-beta1/
    Do you know of some freebie that can accomplish the same and as conveniently?

Btw, I got USR as a free giveway last year, and I would not run my pcs without it or zentimo by now!

6. whitedragon551

Yes I do. Storage quotas can be seen in the My Computer screen within Windows. Drive letter management can be done during formatting of a particular drive before use. Or can be changed from within Administrative Tasks, Computer Management, Storage options. Autorun features can be controlled via the auto run feature within Windows and registry tweaks if you want to take it further. Device removal can be done within Windows own task bar or is irrelevant if you left the drive removal policy at default.

So really you pay $20 for a speed test of external devices and a portable program launcher. The program launcher is irrelevant if you dont use portable programs and even if you do chances are they are on your desktop and takes a double click.

7. ruinebabine

I can agree with what you said, to an extend. That's probably true that, by drilling in the arcanes of our OS, we could achieve about some similar fonctionalities...
    No. Call me lazy, but then I would pay for all the convenience offered by this product. Now, if there was a freeware doing the same or if Microsoft could reassemble all those internal tools together, within a nice GUI please, I will sure be glad to use it.

8. Defcon

Defcon Registered Member

I might try this out. One of the cool tricks in Windows is removing the assigned drive letter in Disk Management, and givign it a new one. This seems to link it with the drive serial, so next time it assigns that drive letter. I want to try the Truecrypt integration in Zentimo.

9. whitedragon551

Just browse to the function you need and create a shortcut. Doesnt get much easier than that.

10. ruinebabine

It's what I was doing before I started using USR. Now I am happily addicted and don't want to go back in stony era! : O)

11. whitedragon551

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.