Zentimo Free Today

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by whitedragon551, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/hidden_devices.jpg

Zentimo is an external drive manager aimed to save time and give more features for an active user of USB\SATA\Firewire storages such as flash-drives, portable drives, card readers and other. It is a full-fledged tool to manage and save your portable drive data, it allows you to safely remove the drives displaying locking processes, allow you to return your stopped device back, lets you quickly launch your portable applications, can automatically dismount TrueCrypt drives, lets you hide empty card reader slot drives and etc.
    Key features:

* Handy menu to control devices
    * Drive letter management
    * Portable application quick launcher
    * Real Safe Device Removal
    * Honest Drive Speed Test

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/zentimo/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+giveawayoftheday%2Ffeed+%28Giveaway+of+the+Day%29

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Zentimo is the next generation of "USB Safely Remove" and is very nice software. It offers many enhancements over the basic USB disconnect feature built into Windows. I've been using it for a while so I guess I shouldn't be too annoyed that it's available for free today :cool:

3. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Does this also scan the inserted drives for malware?
    Thanks.

4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

There is an option to do that under the Global Autoruns option or you can set this feature per device that is recorded in Zentimo.

:D

5. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Great. Thanks for the help.
    Hugger

6. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Almost everything this app offers except the speed test can be done from within Windows.

I just posted it up here since there was a thread created a while ago where everyone was all over how great this was.

I snagged it anyways just to have it. I tend to collect the decent GAOTD softwares.

7. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I downloaded, installed and registered this program yesterday with no problems. However, when I went into "Start", "Control Panel", "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", "Customize Notifications" and made changes I could not save them. When I hit the Apply button the program froze. To exit I had to click on the "X" at the very top. When I did this and returned to my desktop several of the icons had disappeared from the Taskbar.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? If so, were you able to correct it? I would like to keep the program but not if I cannot make the changes I feel I need. As always all replies will be appreciated and I would thank you in advance.

John

8. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

I had some initial burps but after a couple of reboots everything seems to be ok.
    Since I don't ofter plug anything into my pc I leave the program off until I need it.
    Hugger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.