Zentimo 7 day giveaway

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Victek, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victek

Victek Registered Member

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Thx, downloaded it and got a lisence. I will use it to scan USB with AV on my wife's laptop

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Wasn't aware of this application. I enjoy the fact that it allows to to bound a given letter to a specific USB device. This is great, considering that Windows seems to forget which letters it assigns to devices.

At least, I'm hoping that's what this means :D

Thanks for news Victek123

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Your welcome! I'm surprised there isn't more interest in Zentimo. First of all it free :) Then there's the "one click" usb stop & remove feature which made "USB Safely Remove" popular. Zentimo also has the ability to assign appropriate icons to devices, so a webcam looks like a webcam, etc, and to also hide devices which don't need to be displayed such as hubs.

5. tej

tej Registered Member

:thumb: Zentimo

I love the fact that Zentimo can also integrate with TrueCrypt. You can easily mount TrueCrypt volumes right from system tray.

6. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

:thumb: to zentimo

Weird name... USB Safely Remove was more self-explanatory, but I've switched to Z now because of TrueCrypt integration and because I like the one click explorer functionality for USB that Zentimo provides and the graphical representation of available free space from the tray menu. Very convenient.

7. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Don't wish to be picky but USB Safely Remove can do both these things too! ;)

8. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Yes, but USB Safely Remove is not being given away for free at the moment :cool:

Note: the giveaway ends on Dec 7, so get it or forget it...

9. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ Victek123

Thanks for the news :thumb: & to Zentimo :)

Never heard of it until you posted, looks very useful ;)

10. m00nbl00d

But, unlike Zentimo, it won't allow to bound a letter to a specific device. This is a great feature provided by Zentimo.

11. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

You can bind devices to specific letters in Windows ...
    Mrk

12. m00nbl00d

Yes, but I meant that it allows a person to bound it, as in stick it to that specific device.

Windows forgets what letters it assigns from time to time. AFAIK, there's no way of making it not forget, is there?

13. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

Actually USB Safely Remove does give you the option to assign a specific letter to a specific device. I used it extensively until switching to Zentimo. The differences I notice between the two are as follows:

1. USB Safely Remove tray menu let's you eject the device whereas Zentimo let's you eject it, open it in explorer (or alternative), or open a 'Quick Launch Menu' (a feature I haven't used but apparently it lets you add and launch portable and other apps off the USB device).

2. Zentimo's tray menu displays a graphical bar for each device that shows full they are at a glance. USB Safely Remove does not.

3. Zentimo integrates with TrueCrypt, USB Safely Remove does not.

4. Zentimo includes a very nice 'Speed Test Wizard' for testing device speeds. USB Safely Remove does not have this feature. [Note: You can use an external program such as HD_Speed to speed test USB and other devices, but the Zentimo Speed Test Wizard is very nice and convenient.]

FWIW: I did not switch to Zentimo until v1.1.4 beta because I found the user interface (tray menu) of the earlier releases to be cluttered, confusing and loaded with features I didn't think I needed. However, I kept trying it on my secondary computer and as I got used to it and as they improved it with updates I realized I was missing those extra features on my laptop that had USB Safely Remove v4.3 installed, so I made the switch last week.

14. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Thanks, I will try it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.