ZenOK or ?!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by superhacker, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superhacker

superhacker Registered Member

Testing things is one of my function wich i dont "until now" get rid of it,I think it 's taking over my API.
    So I heard lately about a new anti virus called ZenOK anti virus,so download it and install.
    It ask me to remove avast"so i know it has some kind of real time protection",i uninstall avast"on my test system",reboot,then I install ZenOK anti virus The installer is not that good nor that bad.
    After restart the program start the gui is so simple,I couldnt find a real options panel so I directly open a folder with malwares and a lot of them have been disabled without asking me"Now i am comfortable with those situation since avast handle every thing for me",I scan a directory but no item have been scanned,wierd thing.
    I go to main GUI and i found that viruses files have been locked one of them IS SALITY.OG,OH MY GOD not that wide spread AV and it can see sality,so nice.
    After 1 hour i uninstall the program since the so simple GUI dont tell me where is the options.
    Two hours later i remember that i dont analyze the contenent of the program folder and i dont want to install it again,So i right click on the installer->7-zip->Extract to \zenok setup.
    Seconds 7-zip done,so i go to the folder and start looking into files and folders debugging small libraries,looking at import/export table,Hey but wait i see "bit defender S.R.L"what ?!
    Yes i see a lot of files made by bitdefender digitally signed by bit defender so the underground was bitdefender and the up ground was ZenOk AV.
    I dont know if this is legal or not so any help to bit defender or to my geeking needs will be great.

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

3. superhacker

superhacker Registered Member

I see it but is the use of bit defender engine is legal or noto_O?

4. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Yes its allowed they pay Bitdefender to license the engine.

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

ZenOK is not the only vendor who license the BD engine, there are probably 5 vendors more at least:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.